Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just wanted to stop in to introduce myself. My name is Gisela. I have been knitting and crocheting all my life. Now that I am nearing retirement I want to start my own business. If anyone has any helpful hints or suggestions, please get in touch with me.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. A knitting school might be feasible.

I've recently acquired a knitting machine. I have to learn how to use it again. It belonged to my dad, but he passed away 4 years ago.

My daughter lives in Indiana......Lake Village, northern Indiana. :)

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi Gisela! My husband and I lived for awhile in the North West Territories in Canada and living in a Northern community it was difficult to find yarn and supplies to buy. (Any crafting supplies were scarce)A yarn supply store would have been nice. A bonus too to have a meeting place for the women to get together and learn the craft and just have the companionship to share ideas and feelings with other women. Think of it as therapy in a ball of yarn. Best of luck with whatever you do. Catherine from Canada!

· Registered
83 Posts
I just started knitting about 3years ago. i taught myself from a book so i know i have bad habits and often have flaws and problems to fix so i found ya'll and i hope we become fast friends! i have looked at the work here and ya'll amaze me. i just finished my 3rd sweater and you guys are cranking out the knitting with speed and passion. i am getting better but my family still lies about how much they love what i make them and everyone has not received a scarf yet so....i have a long way to go and i hope to meet a few folks here to befriend.
i won't make this too long but i was a chef, and i am crafty and paint, make paper, sculpt,etc. i am also into RRR and love being good to our planet. ask any questions you want and i will most likely answer them, i am pretty forward and outgoing. i just joined yesterday/early this am so i am new too

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom