Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I've just found this site and wanted to introduce myself. My friend Marilyn suggested I join, so here I am. I've been knitting for many years, but at the present time am enjoying doing a lot of crochet work - mainly afghans. My stash of yarns grows quicker than I can either knit or crochet so I always have plenty of things on the go. Right now I'm doing a baby blanket to donate, as well as my 3rd ripple afghan. Happy knitting everyone! :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome to the site - I am sure you will enjoy it here. Toronto is where I was born and raised :D . What part of Toronto? (I grew up in the Weston Rd./Shepherd area of North York.
Donna
from near the shores of Lake Huron, Southwestern Ontario

·
Registered
11,012 Posts
Hello and Welcome from fergus, Ontario. About an hour and a half away. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pennyrose98 said:
Welcome to the site - I am sure you will enjoy it here. Toronto is where I was born and raised :D . What part of Toronto? (I grew up in the Weston Rd./Shepherd area of North York.
Donna
from near the shores of Lake Huron, Southwestern Ontario
I have lived my whole life in the Parkdale Village, right near the exhibition. I've seen lots of changes in this lovely area, and right now things are on the upswing again! :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know Fergus and the area very well. We had a trailer at Highland Pines on Lake Belwood for 20 years. Fergus is located in a very lovely area. My BFF lives in Kitchener - we met at Highland Pines and have been friends from day 1. :)
gagesmom said:
Hello and Welcome from fergus, Ontario. About an hour and a half away. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hello highlandlass, and welcome to KP. I am from Australia, but I feel as if I am getting to know Toronto very well, as my daughter and her 2 children live in the Yonge-Eglinton area. On my last visit in August I even ventured down your way, to the Knit Cafe in Queen St West. I'm sure you know it!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Welcome!! I was was born and raised in Toronto as well..Lakeshore area...Long Branch, Mimico. My brother lives just north of the Exhibition on Dufferin Street.
Small world! Georgetown is south of Fergus, west of Brampton, about 40 minutes out of downtown Toronto. My hubby works downtown as well.

June

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom