Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a transplant to NY from Chicago for my husband's job. I have been knitting & crocheting since I was 9 (& that was many decades ago). I was taught what the teacher called the European method of knitting although I have no idea what the real name is. I only know that I could knit much faster than my friends since I do not "throw" my yarn over. Anyway, I have really enjoyed your site and am sure I will continue to find new ideas, patterns and tips. I am an avid charity knitter and make scarves, afghans and baby blankets for many different organizations along with knitting for my children, grandchildren and friends. Nanette Miller

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Welcome.....from Rae in NC : )

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We live 45 miles north of Albany - 10 miles north of Saratoga Springs. It is absolutely gorgeous and our backyard is an acre of woods but the snow this year is ridiculous - so far around 84 inches. Don't mind the winter but this has been a challenge.

Have been doing all sorts of needlework for many, many years but almost 3 years ago, I had a bad accident trying to keep my son's old lab from falling down the deck steps and instead I fell, totally shattered an ankle and had it rebuilt with metal plates and bolts. With the second necessary surgery to remove part of the hardware, I was not able to walk for over 2 years. I can tell you I did ALOT of knitting, crocheting, needlepoint etc. to keep from losing my mind while stuck in a lazyboy for all that time. It was such a wonderful way to vent my frustrations with lack of mobility for so long. At least I got something accomplished.

So nice to hear from you. Nanette

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom