Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been following the comments of this forum for a while and finally decided to become a member. So here goes, I knit my first project at age 17 and then my next 2 projects at age 23. Then I laid knitting aside to sew for my three little girls. Now 34 years later I have picked it back up and I can't get enough of it. I feel compelled to knit, knit, knit.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
knit4u said:
I have been following the comments of this forum for a while and finally decided to become a member. So here goes, I knit my first project at age 17 and then my next 2 projects at age 23. Then I laid knitting aside to sew for my three little girls. Now 34 years later I have picked it back up and I can't get enough of it. I feel compelled to knit, knit, knit.
Welcome.....I think there are a lot of us who put knitting on the back burner, but has taken it back up again....I know I'm one of those people.

:lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Carol, I lived in St. Petersburg,Fl. until I married. The only fabric store I can remember was Maes Fabrics. Everything was sold in prepackaged yardage. Mostly 3yd lengths. I was surprised when I learned most stores had fabric on bolts!
Sharon

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Sharon
There is nothing in Panama City Beach. We have a Joannes in Panama City but it is awful. The only place is Hobby Lobby also in Panama City and they don't have a good selection. I did find a neat little yarn shop in Freeport which is at least 35 miles from here. I will be going back as soon as possible.
Carol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cjstitches said:
ps. where is Valley,Al. ?
Carol, Valley is close to Columbus, Ga and is between Auburn,Al and Atlanta, Ga. Those are the most recognized city names that are close to me. And speaking of fabric, my husband's Aunt likes to go to Valdosa, Ga for fabric they have some great quilt shops there. How far of a drive is that for you?
Sharon

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cjstitches said:
Sharon, Will have to check how far Valdosa is from here. I am having eye surgery today so it will be a couple of days. Hopefully I will be able to see much better without glasses.
Carol
Carol, I'll be praying thing so smoothly with your eye surgery.
Sharon

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thank you Sharon for your good wishes and prayers. I had a little trouble with one incision and the eye pressure but all is well now. Using drops to lower the pressure so incision will heal. I am seeing much better and it will only continue to get better. I will be able to see without glasses for the first time I can remember. :-D Looking forward to all the knitting. Carol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cjstitches said:
Thank you Sharon for your good wishes and prayers. I had a little trouble with one incision and the eye pressure but all is well now. Using drops to lower the pressure so incision will heal. I am seeing much better and it will only continue to get better. I will be able to see without glasses for the first time I can remember. :-D Looking forward to all the knitting. Carol
Thank God for answered prayer. What kind of surgery did you have... lasik? Sharon

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Sharon. Sorry it took so long to answer. I lost the sight in my left eye and after a lot of tests and treatments it is coming back. It has improved 50 percent and will continue to get better. Looking forward to knitting again soon. Hope all is well with you, What are you working on?
Carol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom