Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody.
Heard alot about this site. I used to be on the site alot but had to change e-mail and user name dor security reasons. Good to be back. I like to crochet, knooking, and am still trying to teach myself to knit. Not having very good luck with knitting. I am severely visually impaired and now have special software to make using the computer easier. Still not 100% but some better. Looking foward to my first swap thhis month. Glad to see old friends and meet new ones. You get to meet my Angel in my avitar. He's 1 of 2 cats I have. Glad to be back.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Befas t, Thanks for the welcome. Nice to be back among friends.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Greetings and welcome back! Love your Angel... so sweet. Don't worry, you will "hit your stride" with knitting too. If you can knook, you can certainly get good with knitting. I'm glad you found your way back here to your friends :)

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Angelsmom1 said:
Hi everybody.
Heard alot about this site. I used to be on the site alot but had to change e-mail and user name dor security reasons. Good to be back. I like to crochet, knooking, and am still trying to teach myself to knit. Not having very good luck with knitting. I am severely visually impaired and now have special software to make using the computer easier. Still not 100% but some better. Looking foward to my first swap thhis month. Glad to see old friends and meet new ones. You get to meet my Angel in my avitar. He's 1 of 2 cats I have. Glad to be back.
Glad you are back. Take care and have a good time reading old and new bits.....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Where abouts in Western, NC? I belong to a knitting guild in Waynesville. One of our members is a young woman who is blind. She has a group on the internet that she keeps in touch with and she is planning on having a knitting retreat for people who are blind sometime this summer. If you might be interested please let me know and I will put you in contact with her.

Also, if you are close to Waynesville, I'm sure you would enjoy our knitting guild. All variety of experience and a nice group of helpful friends.
Betty

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't let looks decieve you, his nick name is Monster Boy
maureenb said:
Welcome back!Everyone needs a kitty angel,ours is Bella.
Don't let looks deceive you. His nick name is Monster Boy.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hokodah said:
Where abouts in Western, NC? I belong to a knitting guild in Waynesville. One of our members is a young woman who is blind. She has a group on the internet that she keeps in touch with and she is planning on having a knitting retreat for people who are blind sometime this summer. If you might be interested please let me know and I will put you in contact with her.

Also, if you are close to Waynesville, I'm sure you would enjoy our knitting guild. All variety of experience and a nice group of helpful friends.
Betty
I'm in Hendersonville, the other side of the mountain that goes over to Brevard. Then 64 to Hendersonville.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wish I could find a knitting group. The one at church fell apart due to lack of interest. My knitting skills have come to a screeching halt.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hokodah said:
There is a very active rug hooking group in Hendersonville. If you would like, I can try to find out from someone I know who belongs if she knows of any knitters. Let me know.
Betty
Is that the group who call themselves the Happy Hookers.? I did belong to the group, but dropped out when I had to quit driving for health reasons. I have a friend I see from there every so often, maybe she would know. But if you can contact someone that would be good. Again my main problem is transportation as I live on the east side of Hendersonville. Hard to find rides. Thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom