Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 64 Posts
I'm curious the knitters from Appleton and Manitowoc are their any yarn shops that I don't know about. I shop at Monterey yarn on Bellevue St. and the Yarn Shop on Main St. in Green Bay once in awhile. I heard that their might be a new Yarn Shop in Mishicot.

Mernie, thanks for filling me in on the yarn shops near Delavan. Can you give me more details? Sounds like it would be a nice road trip. I have to check it out.
Also, I have to visit the one in Appleton called Iris.

I'm sorry about your lost. I don't know what I would do if I lost my husband (my best friend). He even helps me with my knitting projects but refuses to learn to knit. He has an engineering mind and alot of times will help me with the math when I'm doing a pattern. I'm sure this forum helps you, Mernie their are alot of us depending on your expertise.

Thanks for sharing your blanket. Alot love and patience must have gone into it. I didn't even know what kind of stitching that was until I got on to this forum. I'm learning so much. Some day I might try to make one. I have a discloth in that pattern. I usually start out small.

I checked out the yarn shop in Appleton WI today, Iris. I was more than impressed. The clerk must have spent over 2 hrs. with me. She helped me with a lace scraf. She explained
different fibers. I had quick lesson on how to mix different fibers by what each fiber offers. There was no pressure on buying. Infact, I felt quilty if I didn't buy
from her shop. I did end up buying circular needles by addi.
I was going to buy three different sizes because I don't own
any. She talked me out of it and had me buy one size. The size I need at this time.If I don't care for them I could always bring them back. I told her I started out crocheting but I'm hooked on Knitting now. She said I looked like a knitter, simple yet elegant. I'm begining to think that is true of every knitter. We are an unique group.

The yarn shop was called Iris. It was the first time I was ever there. I learned about it on this forum. The address is 132 E. Wisconsin Av. Appleton, WI 54911. There is alot of road contruction on Wisconsin Av. at this time but I still was able to get there. Actually its a house on a corner.

1 - 7 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom