Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts
Was that shop in Appleton Yarns by Design?? I haven't been to the new location. I used to go when it was in a Victorian house that had yarn in every room. What a cool place to shop.

The yarn shop was called Iris. It was the first time I was ever there. I learned about it on this forum. The address is 132 E. Wisconsin Av. Appleton, WI 54911. There is alot of road contruction on Wisconsin Av. at this time but I still was able to get there. Actually its a house on a corner.

Hello from West Bend Wi. A group of my friends, from another group, are planning a get together in the Appleton area. Would you like to join us? We are hoping to do this before Easter.
jinxjudith@yahoo.com

Hello! I am a fellow cheesehead too! A cheesehead who is sick and tired of winter!

Until reading this, I did not realize there were so many Wisconsinites, and even one or two from my city. I know so few people that knit around here...

Carpe Diem!

How can i get the Pattern for the Blanket?Just love it, I lost my Husband Eighteen Years ago. Still miss him. Married Forty Eight years.Pc been down and just read this. If you can give the Directions Please send to
nannyv@maine.rr.com. I am Eighty Four

I love all the chatter from the cheese heads! I am a cheesehead living in Florida. And yes I do miss the cooler weather and the snow - just don't want to see if every day (ha ha). Any good Packer patterns you care to share? I am looking for something to knit for my hubby for start of Football season or Christmas.

Sandie -- I am a cheesehead, soon to be heaind to Florida for a week. Driving there in a *prisoner van*, so I will have tons of time to knit.

I have seen finished Packer projects or green and gold things, but never any patterns for it. Have you looked on www.ravelry.com? There's so much there....

GrammySandie said:
I love all the chatter from the cheese heads! I am a cheesehead living in Florida. And yes I do miss the cooler weather and the snow - just don't want to see if every day (ha ha). Any good Packer patterns you care to share? I am looking for something to knit for my hubby for start of Football season or Christmas.

BarbaraSD said:
Simply gorgeous. Did you also make the bedspread you have the afghan on?
I just noticed your question today. I did make the bedspread with the help of my Mother. I started and finished about 1/2 the squares and then persuaded Mom to do some. There were supposed to be enough to make a full size bedspread, but we stopped at a quilt size. It was just an awful project. I wanted Mom to see it before she died, and she did. My sister gets it next. I do cryptograms, sudoko and crossword puzzles in bed, in ink, and have it stained terribly with ink spots. My sister doesn't care, she says it part of the bedspread's history. My plan is to make my first real quilt and when I finish that, my sister gets the bedspread -- unless I die before the quilt is started and finished.

After the death of my husband I started doing puzzles in bed and still do. It's the only way I can settle my mind enough to fall asleep. He would never have allowed it..

My Mother told me how many popcorns there were in each square...it took her an entire month to make one if she worked every evening. Mom hated those popcorns and so did I.

Yet another Wisconsin....from the Madison area. Glad you found the site. I was in Florida when you had the snow and hail recently but returned in time for a bit of better weather. My projects travel with me :)

Hi. where in Appleton is this yarn shop??? I live in New London, & get to Appleton now & then. I shouldn't even ask about a yarn shop!!! I simply love yarn. Can't pass up buying a skein or 2 when ever I see yarn!! Have been stocking up on the Red Heart Camo. So all my family hunter will have a scarf & slipper socks this coming Christmas. Thinking I will add a cap/hat too. Another Spring day out there. The Robins are happy, they finally are getting their worms hah Have a good day!! :wink:

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom