Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I am from Wisconsin where we have an awful lot of indoor time in the winter months. It's cold and snowy (expecting a snowstorm tomorrow 3/22/2011). This site is amazing! I'm so glad I found it and will be sure that my family members come and take a peek as well. :mrgreen:

Hi Valetta
Welcome. Try and keep warm tomorrow when it snows. LOL I'm in Florida and have the A/C on to keep cool. LOL

Are you working on any right now? I'm working on a blue and white stripped sweater for my 2 month old grandson.

So once again, Welcome and I hope you enjoy this forum

Linda (Sebastian-Fla)

Discussion starter · #4 ·
they've updated our forcast and we fall in the 10 to 14 inch area - that's a real "ugh".....but, it won't stay. It's too late in the season-it'll melt quick. I have an afghan in the works - I think I'll get that out and work on it and stay warm.

A welcome from a fellow wisconsinite. Where in Wi. do you live? I am from Brookfield, about 60 miles south of Madison. You are right about the weather. I enjoy baking some muffins or cookies and inviting a few knitters to hunker down with me. Or sometimes I only have my I pod to keep me company. Either way the outdoor looks like a snow globe. Beautiful!!! Enjoy the site as it is cyber friends at a click of the mouse. Tootsie001

You took the words right out of my mouth haha. I am also a cheesehead & just finished the pink knit baby blanket. Have just a few rows left on the afghan & that will be finished. Last night started a neck scarf in the Red Heart Camo. "Woodsy". Then will have all my projects done. Want to start a ear warmer that ties under the chin, baby sweater & 2 needle socks. I like to have about 3-4 items going at once. Also I am going to start a prayer shawl. Weather is a mixture of rain, sleet & snow with wind. Poor Robins are huddled tog. so til next time have a good day all!! :lol:

Hello Everybody. I to am another Wisconsinite, from Manitowoc. I live 30 miles South of Green Bay. Home of the Superbowl Champs, Yea,. Love knitting and crocheting and sewing. Been doing them for over 30 years and enjoy every minute of it. Very relaxing for me. I am retired and so is my Husband. So I have alot of time to keep myself busy.It has been nice sharing my experience with you all Bye for now. Sandi Karlin

Another Linda from Wi. saying Hello back. I am in southern Wi where it has been raining since last night. About 2 inches expected. I have a lovely fire going to chase the cold dampness away while I am knitting.

Looks like the cheeseheads have taken over. I was surprised to see so many. I am from southern Wisconsin too, only about 35 minutes drive west of Madison. It's a tiny little town by most means, right along Hwy. 14. You blink,we're gone !!!! We're not even shown on some maps. We've had rain 2 days and it is really damp and gloomy. Sure hope the snow goes a different direction. They are talking flooding here and we're only a couple miles or so from the Wisconsin River.

I'm curious the knitters from Appleton and Manitowoc are their any yarn shops that I don't know about. I shop at Monterey yarn on Bellevue St. and the Yarn Shop on Main St. in Green Bay once in awhile. I heard that their might be a new Yarn Shop in Mishicot.

Well, this is Wisconsin day, I guess. I am now knitting the hooded poncho that you found for me yesterday. I'm from Wisconsin, also. The snow is gone and now we get the rain. Welcome! I'm so new at this.... Nice to see my fellow cheeseheads..

First that I have heard about the possible yarn shop in Mishicot. Will need to check into that prospect and see. As for Manitowoc, there are no shops there. if i need yarn I just go to Hobby Lobby or sometimes Walmart. Today will be another day to sit inside and just look out the window. Here in Manitowoc,we have a good 3 inches with freezing rain and sleet. More snow to come this afternoon. Spring is here, sure doesn't look like it outside. Hopefully this will be our last bis storm. Everyone stay happy. bye form 63

Good Morning! We have the best yarn shops in Southeast Wisconsin, near Delavan. They are located in the country, across the highway from each other. I feel blessed to be able to shop there and find them to be better than any in Milwaukee. It's so interesting to see these very well stocked shops away from the cities.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom