Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

My name is Marlene and I live in a little rural area of southern Quebec province in Canada. I have come back to knitting after many years and now rediscovering what fun it is, not to mention the greatest stress buster!

I am 73, started knitting at the ripe old age of 6, so there's not too much I haven't at least tried. I have 4 children, 7 grandchildren and one great granddaughter, who will be 2 this July.

There are three cats (George, Annie and Cher) and two dogs, Baz a Yorkie mix and Rose, a Papillon who has an opinion on everything.

I am on Facebook, you can find me there way too much! Also on Twitter but I don't use it much.

Right now I'm really looking forward to gardening - we have, at last, managed to get some warmer weather and a few little crocuses have dared to show their beautiful faces in a corner of my garden. I'll soon be starting three different kinds of tomatoes and various other veggies in my sun room
for transplanting at the end of May when we are almost sure there will be no more frost.

Sorry to be so long winded - thanks for listening!

Marlene

·
Registered
775 Posts
WELCOME from Texas! Marlene I just love your energy! I have been crocheting since the age of 7, new age 54! 6 months ago I learned to knit and I love it. I have a husband, 2 daughters, 1 son, daughter-in-law (expecting 2nd baby), son-in-law, 16,12,5,3 year old grandchildren. I am busy knitting and crocheting. I have a master teacher named Sylvia
Beavers, she is the best! my first project was a bath cloth, I thought ok this is easy. The second a hat, 3rd scarf I was so excited, then she said it's time to do something a little different. Sylvia taught me to knit a two tone scarf carrying 2 different color yarns, one color on one side and the other on the other side! It is beauttiful! It's my favorite piece! Sorry this is a long story.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Welcome to the forum.....from Rae in NC : )

·
Registered
775 Posts
SailorRae said:
Welcome to the forum.....from Rae in NC : )
Thank you sailorRea, for your welcome, but mostly for your service to our country and its people. I have 2 nephews in the military a marine and a navy seal. I include all military and their families in my prayers every night. THANK YOU!

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Welcome from Oregon. I'm looking forward to gardening too. It's is too wet here to work the ground so I'll have to be patient - so hard to do when you just want to be planting! I just bought some perenials but need to wait on that too.

·
Registered
453 Posts
my daughter lives in ontario and she keeps telling me how cold she is. and i tell her how tall my peony is. my roses are in bud. my son lives in Maine and every time i talk to him he is digging out from under another snow storm and i tell him it is 83 degrees. is that mean? He has had a ery harsh winter. In fact he is putting his house on the market and moving to North Carolina. Actually I can't stand the heat so I should be quiet. Welcome to the club. i am one of the long winded ones. It is genetic. Ali.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Marlene! I am Rosie, from SW Missouri...the heart of the Ozarks! I am 71 and knit primarily for charity, but still try to do things for my family. Just finished a cocoon sack for my 4th great-grandchild who should arrive in October. There is a cap that goes with it that I still have to have finished. I've got time. You will find many wonderful people on this forum. I'm so glad I joined and I know you'll love it too.

·
Registered
14,772 Posts
Where do you live that your peonies and roses are already blooming? Mine are growing like wild fire, but no blooms right now. I am in So. Indiana. I've heard the stories of the snow in Maine. A friend that lives there once said he would probably die with a snow shovel in his hand. :) As for Canada that is way too cold for me, but I hear it is beautiful up there. Judy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Ali - although I would love the early bloomings, there is no way I would be happy in a hot climate.

If only there was someplace where the temperature stays at 72 all year round and no humidity!

We have finally gotten rid of most of our snow, although as I look out my window at the mountain across the road, the snow is still evident on the slopes. It's currently pouring rain and winds up to 50 MPH - but warm (for us), around 62F.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
HI Loistec, went to visit my 95 yr old friend over the
weekend and took a pic of your Furry kids in their
swing. she loved it. Her Kids got her a new kitten a month ago and we had a time playing. She misses her Furry girl
that had to put away just before Christmas. LuLu is a great
buddy for her.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom