Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes I can, I got the pattern online, but here it is.
The hat is for a child but I think you can increase the stitches and make it for an adult.
I don't remember who posted it but she did an excellent job.The pattern is fast to make.
Size 9 - 16" circular needles
Guage: 16 st and 24 rows per 4 "
Yarns I used knitting worsted, but she used Lion Brand Jiffy in white
I used scrap worsted for the bow

Hat Body:
co 76 sts.
Join in the round and knit 1x1 rib for 6 rnds.
Knit in st st until entire piece is 5 "
*k9, k2 tog), repeat from * 6 times K 10
Knit 1 rnd
* k8, k2 tog repeat from * to end
Knit 1 rnd
*k7, k2 tog repeat from * to end
Knit 1 rnd
*K6, K 2 tog repeat from * to end
Knit ` rnd
*k 5, K 2 tog repeat from * to end
Knit 1 rnd
*K 4, K 2 tog repeat from * to end
Knit 1 rnd
* K 3, K 2 tog repeat from * to end
Knit 1 rnd
* K 2, K 2 tog repeat from * to end
Knit 1 rnd
* K 1, K2 tog repeat from * to end
Knit 1 rnd
* K 2 tog, repeat from * to end
Break yarn, draw tail through remaining sts.

Ears Make 4
CO 10 sts.
Work 6 rows in St St
K 2 tog, K 6, K2tog
Work next 3 rows in st st
K2tog, K4, K2tog
Purl Rows
K2tog, K2, K2tog
Purl Row
K2tog, k2tog, ( s sts remaining)
Break yarn and draw through sts.
Sew 2 ears together with garter sides against each other to make 1 complete ear.
Sew ears to top of hat.
Bow
The bow is made in 2 pieces. The main body and the center tie

Main Body
CO 18
Knit in garter st until piece is about 2.5 "
Cast off

Center Tie
CO9
Knit 8 rows in garter st
Cast off
Sew center tie around main body to make the bow, then sew the bow to the nat at the base of the right ear.

Finishing the Face"
The eyes and whiskers were done with black yarn but I used black embrodery floss, 6 ply and nose was done with yellow embroidery floss.
Just use a yarn needle to embroidery the face on
The eyes are vertical ovals and the nose is a horizontal oval.
I put the nose in the center of the hat 1 " up from the top of the ribbing. The eyse are located 1 " on either side of the nose. Add Wiskers.

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Mrs. G said:
Is it an adult or child size. My daughter (aged 40!) loves Hello Kitty and I would love to make her one. Do you have a pattern you would be willing to share? Many thanks.
It was totally wrong and against the forum rules to post the pattern. Copyright infringements. It was fine to post the http address for it but not to post the pattern. Here are the rules and regulations for the Knitting Paradise. LIndann, I am surprised that you did not know this since you have been a member for nearly one year already.

Forum Rules

As far as the forum posting goes, here is a list of things to keep in mind:

- Please be polite.

- Do not post images with copyrighted patterns or other content of others without their permission. It's OK to post a link to the author's site that shows the pattern, but don't copy and post the pattern here.

Complying with all laws (including copyright) is the sole responsibility of each individual user. Forum administration is not responsible for user-generated/uploaded/posted content. We serve merely as communications platform and are protected by the safe harbor provisions of the copyright law and/or DMCA.

Having said that, if you notice that your rights are being violated by a user of this forum, please feel free to contact the administration by sending me a private message. We'll investigate all claims and take action if necessary.

- Do not post any ads or promote anything without speaking to me about it first. If you have something good, that a lot of knitters would appreciate, then it would be OK to mention it here.

- Do not post "affiliate" links of any kind.

- Please do not post links promoting any "signup" pages, newsletters, lists, message boards, sweepstakes, giveaways, contests, voting pages, etc. That includes any sites that are meant to collect "signups" for any purpose.

- Do not solicit for e-mail addresses or other personal information of other users to establish any kinds of lists, distributions, giveaways, pattern sharing, etc.

- Do not send mass private messages to multiple users. We reserve the right to monitor and delete private messages to prevent spam, ensure compliance with the rules, and to deal with other issues.

- Do not make posts in all capital letters. This includes topic titles.

- When asking a general question (if you are not in the middle of a conversation), then try not to address the question to anybody specific. If someone else knows the answer when you asked a specific person, then they might not feel comfortable jumping in. So your chances of getting a question answered become greatly reduced.

- Try to use descriptive titles when creating new topics. Instead of something like "Please Help", write a title that briefly states the nature of your post. That way, people who know the answer or are interested in that particular topic would be more likely to click on it to read it and post replies.

- Please do not post your e-mail address or other personal information in the open.

- Please don't complain if your question doesn't get answered right away.

- If you want to post a link, then make sure to start the address with "http", otherwise it will be displayed as plain text.

Example:

http://www.knittingparadise.com/ (this is automatically converted into a link)
www.knittingparadise.com (this is kept as plain text because it doesn't start with http)

- Do not include a link to your site inside the posts. Instead use a signature (you can set it up in your profile).

- If your signature contains a link to your website/blog/store, then please make sure to reciprocate and link to this forum's home page from your site.

- Signatures should not contain more than three lines without wrapping. Blank separating lines are also counted. Please, no flashing images either.

- Politics and religion are off-topic on this board.

- If you are "hotlinking" an image from a remote site, please make sure it's not wider than 600 pixels.

- If posting in the Links and Resources section, please don't post more than 5 links per day (or make more than 5 posts per day).

- Do not "bump" your topics up. If everyone starts doing it, the board will get filled with empty posts.

- Before leaving any user feedback, please make sure to check the feedback/rating system rules.

- Approval or disapproval of users' posts by the moderators/administration does not shift the responsibility for the content of the posts (any claims made in the posts) from users onto the moderators or the administration.

It is the responsibility of each user to make sure all his/her posts and actions are within law.

In other words, just because a post wasn't removed/edited by the moderators or the administration, it doesn't automatically mean that the moderators or the administration condone the content of a post.

- We do not generally delete old images/posts at user's request unless there is a valid reason. So if you don't want your content to be shown here indefinitely, then please don't post it here in the first place. The reason for that is simple: deleting one user's posts usually requires deleting responses posted by other users. So for the sake of keeping the forum stable, we maintain this policy.

- The most important rule of all is this: use common sense.

- Aside from that, please have fun, learn, and share your knowledge with others!

Various sections on this message board have specific rules of their own. So please make sure to read them as well before posting in a section.

Disclaimer: All swaps, trades, buying, selling or any other kind of activities involving exchange of money, material goods or services are negotiated directly by the users. Administration and the moderators are not responsible for any actions of individual users. This message board serves merely as a platform for communication. Transact at your own risk.

Admin

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom