Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new here and am Robritt, an older lady who is a writer, reader and crafter. Love to knit and crochet and have been doing both for years. Have many patterns if anyone is interested. Glad to meet you all. Hugs Robritt :lol:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi to you too.. I am Denise and I have crocheted for a long time also but fairly new to knitting. I am sure you will get an chance to share those patterns soon.

·
Registered
306 Posts
and...Robritt.. I also wanted to say I like your picture in your avatar... it is good to put an face to a name.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome, Denise. Thought seeing a face is a little better than having an avatar and hope that was okay.

Hang in there learning to knit. I was an Occupational Therapist for years and taught it, but could not knit until my daughter said she wanted a sweater that was knitted on the front of a magazine about 30 years ago. I decided I really needed to learn and made 16 sweaters that year and love knitting now. (grin)

Made 20 pairs of wool and mixed yarns socks this year for Christmas. Everyone loves them as it has been so cold in Texas this year and they all have warm feet. I love knitting socks with circular needles and have devised my own pattern to make them simple. I could not understand the instrutions I found online or in the books and my system is so much simpler.

Hang in there you will lean to love knitting once you get the hang of it. I still crochet also but enjoy both means of doing needle work.

Hugs, Robritt

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome. yes it has been cold here too. Thank the good Lord it is geting warmer today, so they say.
Love the Flagstaff area but -7 is a bit much even though we got to 9 the other night. Spring will soon be here and then everyone will be unhappy with the heat. LOLOL!
Hugs, Robrit

·
Registered
306 Posts
Rowena said:
I am new here and have enjoyed reading and looking at your knitting. I have crochet and knitted for about 40 years and made several projects for myself and friends.
welcome Rowena.

·
Registered
306 Posts
are you talking your avatar or on a post? if on a post just click on reply and under the reply area you will see file/picture attachments: with a browse button. just click on the browse button and choose the picture from your computer files and it will appear. if this is not what you are wanting just let me know.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Robritt said:
Hello I am new here and am Robritt, an older lady who is a writer, reader and crafter. Love to knit and crochet and have been doing both for years. Have many patterns if anyone is interested. Glad to meet you all. Hugs Robritt :lol:
Have you been published? If so, under what name? I love mystery novels.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, my dear I have been publishrd under two different names.

My two mystery novels are under Robbie Britt " Name of the books are "Dead Men Don't Deal" and "Trouble Throughout Texas".

A poetry book called "A Box Of Mixed Chocolates" under my middle name Corinne Britt.

Happy to put a face to my posts. I have nothing to hide here. Grin! Thanks for the nice comment on my Avatar. Hugs Robbie

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Robritt said:
Yes, my dear I have been publishrd under two different names.

My two mystery novels are under Robbie Britt " Name of the books are "Dead Men Don't Deal" and "Trouble Throughout Texas".

A poetry book called "A Box Of Mixed Chocolates" under my middle name Corinne Britt.

Happy to put a face to my posts. I have nothing to hide here. Grin! Thanks for the nice comment on my Avatar. Hugs Robbie
You got some wonderful reviews on Amazon.com. I am very impressed. I will put them on my wish list for sure.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have rescued a Jack Russell mix and could not live without her Denise. She is going on three years old now and I've had er sor two year s. All my dogs have been rescue dogs. See picture as she claimed my afghan but is not going over there while it is hot. LOL!

Haven't had the 2nd book on Kindle long. Am hoping for comments soon Thanks for going to look Margret. I try to stay busy especially in this extreme heat we are having right now in NCentral Texas. It was 114 on my front porch so am staying in but not knitting. It is too hot, so working on another book and reading a lot. Hugs Robbie

Attachments

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Robritt said:
I have rescued a Jack Russell mix and could not live without her Denise. She is going on three years old now and I've had er sor two year s. All my dogs have been rescue dogs. See picture as she claimed my afghan but is not going over there while it is hot. LOL!

Haven't had the 2nd book on Kindle long. Am hoping for comments soon Thanks for going to look Margret. I try to stay busy especially in this extreme heat we are having right now in NCentral Texas. It was 114 on my front porch so am staying in but not knitting. It is too hot, so working on another book and reading a lot. Hugs Robbie
Please tell me you have air conditioning!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Robritt said:
Welcome, Robbie. I am an avid reader and can't decide if I knit more or read more! I will be sure to look up your books and poems. I have been thinking lately that you don't see many current books of poems. They seem to have been more popular when I was in school.
If you are willing to share the way you knit socks on circulars, I would love to hear about it. I haven't tried socks yet, but have yarn and circulars ready when I get up the nerve! Please PM me and I will send you my email address.
Thanks, and enjoy this site, you will soon be on here longer than you spend knitting!
~Maureen

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom