Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I have been a knitter for many years, but never seem
to be able to finish projects? I am now interested in making
a baby afghan, from a simple pattern? Looking forward to hearing from anyone who may have some easy to knit baby blankets! THanks!

·
Registered
169 Posts
My favorite "go to" pattern is a basket weave. My mom made my daughter a white one 36 years ago. She tied pastel yarn knots in half the squares for color. I've made probably 15-20 since then, including a full size, large scale weave for my grown son. I never use a real pattern any more, but you can find one on-line.

It's easy, versatile and fast and works in any gauge, needle size and yarn type.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Welcome Susha..you'll love this site...so much friendly help. Since you already know how to knit and purl, I would do the knit and purl block pattern. First, sign on to Lion Brand.com and search (upper right corner) #90657 (Twin Lakes Blankie) or look at # 90413 (Sweet and Soft). After you've gotten back into the swing of it, do a diagonal #60241. I made that one in a variegated baby yarn and it's beautiful! Good luck and never hesitate to ask. Hildy3, (always "needling").

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom