Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My name is Penny. I just started knitting Dec of 2009. I started crocheting middle of last year. Pretty much taught myself how to do both by reading books and a little of watching youtube. Lately, I have started doing some amigurimi projects. For Christmas I made my neices a small teacup. I have also made at least two hamsters. My oldest daughter (12 soon to be 13) has asked me to make her a guinea pig like her pet, Chocolate. She also loves HALO and asked me to crochet her a plasma grenade-she calls it a sticky bomb. I have to figure out how to make ovals and balls. I am in the process of making my youngest daughter (age 6) a blanket. She has a very good eye for yarn and colors. She has mentioned that she would like to learn to crochet and knit. I would love to teach her but not sure how to go about it.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Hi Penny, I crochet also and have just started knitting, and I love it! Knitting makes flat, stretchy things, can be made in the round for tube shapes, as for hats and socks. Crochet, on the other hand can make 3 dimensional objects such as toys and things. There is a pattern for a crocheted "Gruffle Ball" for dogs on this site that is so cute, can't make that in knitting! Welcome.
Lois

http://www.petbrags.com/group/craftsforpets/forum/topics/gruffle-ballscrocheted-ball

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom