Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I so grateful for the help with attaching the sleeves but now can not figure out how to get the "raglan" detail that goes up the sleeves to neck. What stitch do you use to obtain this. I put markers where I was suppose to but have had to unravel 3 times (about my limit) because no "raglan" edge is appearing. Please, please somebody help me I am suppose to have this finished by 11-14-12.

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
Follow your directions for the proper decrease to use. ( you said you were knitting up to the neck) The decreases is what will make the stitch definition. In many patterns the decrease is done on either side of 2 stationary stitches. One decrease will slant to the left, the other to the right of these 2 stitches. Maybe your 'eye' is not trained enough to 'read' these stitches and see the line of the raglan sleeve.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Simplest raglan edging I know is
On right side K 2 p 2 tog k or pattern to to last 4 stitches p2 tog k2 . Wrong side P2 K1 patern to last three stitches K1P 2 . If you don't decrease on every right side then you k2 p1 at beginning of right side and p1 k2 at end.

·
Registered
693 Posts
It also depends on your yarn if you have good stitch definition. I just looked at the pattern. It's a keeper, but seems to me would be better knit top down. It's probably just me, though, I only want to knit top down anymore,

The decrease row is ssk and k2tog. K2tog before the marker and ssk after the marker. It just may not be as prominent as in the picture if you are using different yarn, or if you are, it will likely show up more after blocking. Don't give up!

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
Make sure you are doing the correct decrease stitch they are calling for.. there are several and when it doesn't matter we seem to use our fav.. in this case where the decrease is part of the design element it is important to do what they suggest... here is a site that has many free videos http://www.knittinghelp.com

http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/decreases a refresher course in stitches is always a good idea when it isn't looking right.. many times I thought I was doing something right but a refresher showed me I was doing it wrong... best of luck with this.. I'm sure it will turn out just fine..

queekueg said:
Thank you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom