Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a collection of Cat's Moebius cowls. Her instructions are wonderful but I fear I am doing something wrong when starting the second half. Anyone out there experienced with making these? I would greatly appreciate some help.

per her instructions:

After completing the first Moebius you are to put live stitches on hold, then pick up new stitches along the equator. After circling the work the needles will meet again. You are now ready to start knitting.

I have made it to this point and knitted the first two rows (4 rounds). The pattern is spot on (knit side is "growing" in the opposite direction and looks great.
My question - am I supposed to be seeing the front and back on one side just as in the first Moebius? Can't see how this is going to "close" when finished. Am I worrying too soon?
thanks for any help you can send my way!

·
Registered
31,218 Posts
I made one years ago and worried the same as you are. Just follow her instructions carefully and you will end up with a really cool shawl.

knittting fool said:
I recently purchased a collection of Cat's Moebius cowls. Her instructions are wonderful but I fear I am doing something wrong when starting the second half. Anyone out there experienced with making these? I would greatly appreciate some help.

per her instructions:

After completing the first Moebius you are to put live stitches on hold, then pick up new stitches along the equator. After circling the work the needles will meet again. You are now ready to start knitting.

I have made it to this point and knitted the first two rows (4 rounds). The pattern is spot on (knit side is "growing" in the opposite direction and looks great.
My question - am I supposed to be seeing the front and back on one side just as in the first Moebius? Can't see how this is going to "close" when finished. Am I worrying too soon?
thanks for any help you can send my way!

·
Registered
15,103 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "close"; as they're knitted in the round. I've knitted Moebius cowls before and it's like you're knitting a figure eight. You're knitting inside the circle, then you end up knitting on the outside of the circle and so on.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are fair isle patterns
The one I am working on is called Jon's Unwavering Heart MoMo
When you are finished the backside is closed off with the knitside exposed all around
Unbeleviably beautiful!!!

·
Premium Member
81,057 Posts

·
Registered
93,689 Posts
knittting fool said:
thanks,
I stuck with it and kept knitting. I was worrying for no reason!
It turned out GREAT!!!!
will put pics on later when I get a minute.
Thanks to all who responded to my call for help!!!
So glad it's all going well....sometimes we just need to trust the pattern and all works out fine

·
Registered
15,103 Posts
knittting fool said:
They are fair isle patterns
The one I am working on is called Jon's Unwavering Heart MoMo
When you are finished the backside is closed off with the knitside exposed all around
Unbeleviably beautiful!!!
Oh, I see. That makes sense now. Had not seen a fair isle moebius before. Very nice pattern and a good challenge.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom