Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got DAK8 with cable for my 930 & 940 & purchased several books & CD's with DAK designs from Knit Knack Shop. I know how to upload the designs to the DAK program on my computer - how do I download the designs from the computer to my knitting machine? I assume I would enter the track number same as I did with the floppy drive. Is this correct? Thanks for your help...Liz

·
Registered
368 Posts
I don't have DAK 8 but I have DAK 7 -- to download click on mode, go to stitch designer, transfer, download, you will need to set up which knitting machine it is and you have to have your cable plugged in for it to go to the download menu, another menu comes up and asks which files you want to download, (I think you hit browse, then add the designs you want. When you download, your computer will tell you what to do next ..... It is also on page 76 of the instruction book:
Turn on the knitting machine power switch, push the CE key to clear the indication in the display; enter command number 551. This number tells the computer you want to load a pattern back into your knitting machine. Push the Step Key, when you push the step key the ready lamp and the pattern number lamp are lit, enter the track number which contains the pattern you want to load (1), push the step key again. When you push the step key the indication in the display and all the lamps go out. When pattern has been loaded you will hear the buzzer make the sound "Pi!" and all the indication lamps are set according to the data you have just stored. Hope this helps (hopefully it is the same in DAK 8 as DAK 7).
Julie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom