Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am knitting dog sweaters with Red Heart Comfort purple sparkle yarn. It is too thin by itself and too thick with 2 strands knit together.
Knit Picks eggplant makes exactly the fabric and colour I want but I only had one ball ( maybe something I found in a thrift store.)
I would like something I can buy in Canada or order from Yarn Canada in that colour and a sport or light worsted weight.
Have been cautious about ordering from the US ( maybe just old fashioned.)
Open to suggestions.
Thanks.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mwende said:
Which eggplant version is that? I have some cotton eggplant (Dishie) that I would be happy to mail to you. (From the U.S., so I hope that won't be a problem.)

Kate
Thank you for the offer, but only looking for acrylic or wool/acrylic blends.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
blessedinMO said:
Wow. This will be an arduous task for you. I would try to talk my dog into a less demanding color....
My dog will wear ( and eat ) anything.
I have started to get a lot of requests to knit for Miniature Dachshunds and purple is the popular colour.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,866 Posts
Nancie E said:
My dog will wear ( and eat ) anything.
I have started to get a lot of requests to knit for Miniature Dachshunds and purple is the popular colour.
So will my Chihuahua, but given the choice she will eat tomatoes and wear no clothes of any kind...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,653 Posts
Nancie E said:
I am knitting dog sweaters with Red Heart Comfort purple sparkle yarn. It is too thin by itself and too thick with 2 strands knit together.
Knit Picks eggplant makes exactly the fabric and colour I want but I only had one ball ( maybe something I found in a thrift store.)
I would like something I can buy in Canada or order from Yarn Canada in that colour and a sport or light worsted weight.
Have been cautious about ordering from the US ( maybe just old fashioned.)
Open to suggestions.
Thanks.
Probably much easier to find a contrast colour, however, Michael's sells a yarn by Loops & Threads, called Impeccable and they have a colour called Eggplant. But like lots of other things one person's eggplant might be different than some one elses.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,724 Posts
My local Wal-Mart carries Bernat Premium (lovely yarn). All year they have solid and Tweed shades. This time of year, there are various shades containing “sparkle”. Although I don’t know if they have the eggplant shade you’re looking for, it might be worth a look-see for you if you have a Wal-Mart nearby. I got a shade called “black sparkle” a couple of weeks ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kahlua said:
Probably much easier to find a contrast colour, however, Michael's sells a yarn by Loops & Threads, called Impeccable and they have a colour called Eggplant. But like lots of other things one person's eggplant might be different than some one elses.
I did have some Impeccable - think it is called Amethyst and with the purple sparkle it worked out great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Vickie P said:
I've ordered from Knit Picks without problem in the past and I'm in Canada...
Good luck!
They have lovely yarn but I always try to order enough online to get the free shipping.
Right now I have a whole room full of yarn so picking out more would just get me into a lot of "trouble."
But give me another month and I'll find a way to justify buying more....HAHA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42,304 Posts
Nancie E said:
I am knitting dog sweaters with Red Heart Comfort purple sparkle yarn. It is too thin by itself and too thick with 2 strands knit together.
Knit Picks eggplant makes exactly the fabric and colour I want but I only had one ball ( maybe something I found in a thrift store.)
I would like something I can buy in Canada or order from Yarn Canada in that colour and a sport or light worsted weight.
Have been cautious about ordering from the US ( maybe just old fashioned.)
Open to suggestions.
Thanks.
Have you tried checking yarninspirations now that they have taken over yet another company and the have red heart yarn
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom