Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone knitted the Truly Tasha Shawl? I am trying to understand directions for the edging at the end of the top of the shawl. I can't seem to understand the directions for turning the corner and starting down the side. Is there a picture anywhere for how the corner is supposed to look? I could do it if it were crochet. :)
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
81,056 Posts
Marthasr said:
Has anyone knitted the Truly Tasha Shawl? I am trying to understand directions for the edging at the end of the top of the shawl. I can't seem to understand the directions for turning the corner and starting down the side. Is there a picture anywhere for how the corner is supposed to look? I could do it if it were crochet. :)
Thanks!
The pattern is somewhat vague on the working of the three corners. What it leaves unsaid is that you have to add extra repeats in order to end up with corners that lay flat.

Since the lacy border 'leans' backwards, you need to work two repeats into each of the last three or four stitches before each corner - maybe more at the bottom point, since it's a more acute angle. Then you need to work a few more stitches with two repeats ... enough more to be able to see if the border is laying flat.

How may stitches need to be worked twice (or three times!) is up to you, your tension, the yarn and needles you've chosen to use. If you've done corners in crochet or sewing, you can do these too. You just have to do a bit of thinking, since the pattern writer assumed we'd figure out how to turn the corners.

Despite the pattern's directions for yarn and needles, I've made this in everything from crochet thread up to bulky yarn and on a variety of needle sizes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom