Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making quilled Christmas cards and am going to put them in the cello bags that stick closed. I am drawing a blank here. Because the bag is closed one won't be able to see the inside "Merry Christmas" etc. I want to put a label on the bag that indicates the saying. Is it called a "Sentiment" or is there another way of saying this is what is written inside? Told you I am a bit brain dead this morning but couldn't find anything about this online.

·
Registered
29,386 Posts
I have seen bought cards that feature page telling you what the verse is. That's a good idea. I must get back to my quilling.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I have seen 'sentiment' and I have also seen 'wording inside.' Personally, I like 'wording inside' better. Don't know why. I do quilling also, but have never tried to sell it on cards. I'm always afraid they're going to get 'man-handled' and then no one will want them. I have sold (and given as gifts) other items with quill work done on them (eggs and letters and pictures in frames). Best of luck with your cards. What designs are you making on the cards? Would love to SEE them...show us pictures! :)

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Friday'schild said:
I have seen 'sentiment' and I have also seen 'wording inside.' Personally, I like 'wording inside' better. Don't know why. I do quilling also, but have never tried to sell it on cards. I'm always afraid they're going to get 'man-handled' and then no one will want them. I have sold (and given as gifts) other items with quill work done on them (eggs and letters and pictures in frames). Best of luck with your cards. What designs are you making on the cards? Would love to SEE them...show us pictures! :)
I like that better. Sentiment just didn't seem right. Will do a few more and will post photos. This is my first time selling and it will be only local school association and the teachers that work with my daughter. She is a teacher and her friends like my scarfs and other crafts. They usually ask her what am I making for Christmas. Don't have time to commit to Etsy.

·
Registered
13,544 Posts
2 ideas for you. You can use bigger cello bags and put card in open then close card. Like some bought ones are displayed. The other is if you are stamping the sentiment on the inside also stamp on another piece of paper and slip that in cello bag at the back with ' inside card reads' on it so you can turn card over and see it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi there....I am a card-maker and I call the inside ...Sentiment.....I also purchased a package of Sentiments from ...Anna Griffin, she has lovely card kits etc......she will be on HSN I believe on Aug.30th....I just love her items and makes my card-making so easy..
I first found her on HSN about 6 or 7 yrs ago and I fell in love with card-making and have been ever since.....Enjoy yourself......
MsMarie1

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
http//www.bagsunlimited.com/p-3509-sleeves-for-greeting-cards.aspx
This one holds the entire card and looks like it can be folded:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B018UY45HG?psc=1

If this is a booth type set up with someone manning it, I would not have all the cards on display to be pawed over. A few maybe so people could see both inside and outside and leave the others in sleeves for actual purchase. That way people would fee they are getting a nice clean card not handled by others....just my thoughts

·
Registered
679 Posts
beaz said:
http//www.bagsunlimited.com/p-3509-sleeves-for-greeting-cards.aspx
This one holds the entire card and looks like it can be folded:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B018UY45HG?psc=1

If this is a booth type set up with someone manning it, I would not have all the cards on display to be pawed over. A few maybe so people could see both inside and outside and leave the others in sleeves for actual purchase. That way people would fee they are getting a nice clean card not handled by others....just my thoughts
This is what I would do also. Have one of each of your designs on display so people can look at them and then if they want one, pull out a fresh one to be sold.

·
Registered
952 Posts
socksaholic said:
This is what I would do also. Have one of each of your designs on display so people can look at them and then if they want one, pull out a fresh one to be sold.
A friend of mine and I shared a space at a craft show. Her only merchandise was cards, so I did other things. But, she had one of each of her designs on display for people to look at, but, since they are handmade, each item is a bit different, and when she brought out the card the customer wanted, they sometimes weren't happy with that one, and ended up looking at all of them of that kind. "Oh, the bow is prettier on that one." "The border on this one is a tad bigger." blaa, blaa, blaa! Doing her cards that way didn't work well for her.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom