Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help dear talented friends. I am looking for EASY patterns for men's hats that are not done on circular needles or DPN's.I am still just learning but I have one basic hat pattern that I make and send to a men's shelter for the homeless in NYC. The pattern is simple and basic but I have made over 60 of them and could maybe use a little variety. I'm sure the men don't care as long as it keeps them warm but I am going a little crazy making the same hat over and over and over. Please help....you are all so talented that it puts this novice to shame but I will try any pattern you feel is right. Thanks so much and Holiday Blessings to all. Amy

·
Premium Member
81,203 Posts
a) Join Ravelry. It's free, will NEVER send you messages, and has nearly every pattern in creation.

b) Put the word HAT into the search box, and wait a moment.

c) Scroll down the page while looking at the left-hand column. Tick off the ones you need.

d) In this case: knitting, free, has photo, construction > seamed, Age/Size > Adult, Gender > Male, and that gets you a grand total of 42 (in theory) possibilities. The filters being imperfect, some of the selected patterns are visibly not hats, not male, not adult, etc., but it's a starting point.

e) Remove the Gender filter, and there are 464 (in theory) possibilities.

f) You can further refine your search by ticking off needle size and/or yarn weight.

Have fun!

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Leftynewbie said:
Please help dear talented friends. I am looking for EASY patterns for men's hats that are not done on circular needles or DPN's.I am still just learning but I have one basic hat pattern that I make and send to a men's shelter for the homeless in NYC. The pattern is simple and basic but I have made over 60 of them and could maybe use a little variety. I'm sure the men don't care as long as it keeps them warm but I am going a little crazy making the same hat over and over and over. Please help....you are all so talented that it puts this novice to shame but I will try any pattern you feel is right. Thanks so much and Holiday Blessings to all. Amy
You could do a search here:

http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/winter_wear.php

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
You can make that same hat 60 more times, and if you use a different stitch pattern, for the ribbing and/or the body of the hat, it won't really be the same. It's a great way to try out new stitches.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I use a loom to make beanies/hats. Single yarn, double yarn, boucle and chunky. Works really quickly.

smallest size for infant, second for child, third for adult, and large I haven't used at all yet.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Here's a YouTube Video hat I found ( and made ...it's simple ) Although it is for a child, perhaps you could make it with smaller needles ( straight needles ) and just increase the length and the width to make this hat. You "knit" a square and then fold it in half, sew up the seam etc. It's quite easy. I just finished a pink one for a young granddaughter !

·
Registered
229 Posts
You might look on this site for other "Beginner " patterns. I don't know if the "Easy " patterns are a little more difficult that the "Beginner " ones on this site. I am new to knitting as well, and looking for simple EASY Beginner patterns !

( thanks to all of you who have posted sites to go to for beginners ! )

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/L20101.html?noImages=

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom