Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a crochet pattern for a bedspread of table cloth made out of the size 10 cotton thread yarn. This was started by my Grandmother who has been gone for about 15 years. My mother wants to finish is but doesnot know what happened to the pattern. It is made in motifies with 8 spirals in each motif. I can furnish a picture if anyone can give me a direction to look or might have a pattern. I would be very appreciative of any ideas of where to look. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been crocheting for about 30 years. My mother and grandmother both crocheted but I learned on my own by reading books. I have a spare bedroom that is full of yarn for future projects and or left over yarn from previous projects. I tell my daughters and friends that this activity keeps me off of the streets and out of the bars. Ha, Ha! I am always working on something usually for someone special in my life. I like making items for people I know because while I am working on the item for them, I think about them. I really enjoy this form of expression.

·
Registered
306 Posts
nancy1480 said:
I am looking for a crochet pattern for a bedspread of table cloth made out of the size 10 cotton thread yarn. This was started by my Grandmother who has been gone for about 15 years. My mother wants to finish is but doesnot know what happened to the pattern. It is made in motifies with 8 spirals in each motif. I can furnish a picture if anyone can give me a direction to look or might have a pattern. I would be very appreciative of any ideas of where to look. Thank you in advance for any assistance.
if you can post a picture it would be great. there are so many patterns out there and only a pic would give a direction to start.

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
i know you don't believe me now, but crochet patterns are usually easy to read....with a spiral, it probably started in the center with one of those ch 6, join in circ, sc over chain with '------' sts...you can count them to fill in the blank...then the next row will have some change to the crochet st that forms the spiral....there will be a set number of plain sts in between and the next row will be the same except for the plain sts will have increased...in each row you will be able to count...try it, you'll be surprised...it's much easier than trying to read a knitted item...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom