Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day someone said they had gotten their needles ordered for the sock class. I wrote down we needed a 12 inch 2.5mm needle for the class. I perfer in this order pretty much, Hiya Hiya Sharps, Addi Lace, Chiao Goo lace and Karbonz. I don't like bamboo. Could you please tell me where you ordered your needles so I can do this class too. I appreciate the help
Sue

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
I don't like wood either, except for sock knitting because a little friction keeps you from losing those little fingering weight stitches. I'm a double pointed sock knitter myself, so maybe it doesn't translate. Addi lace give you a little grip, so they get my vote. I ordered many sets of Addis from my favorite eBay merchant in China, arpat_yarn.

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
nancy11442 said:
I am interested in 12" also for sock knitting. Where do you find them? Do they have to be ordered instead of buying @ LYS?
I bought some 12" addis from loveknitting.com. I have also bought a couple from my LYS. Several of the LYSs in my area have begun to sell them. You might try calling a few and ask, otherwise you will have to purchase them online.

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
nancy11442 said:
I am interested in 12" also for sock knitting. Where do you find them? Do they have to be ordered instead of buying @ LYS?
If you are in the DFW area of Texas, MadTosh in Fort Worth sells them.

·
Registered
306 Posts
AmyKnits said:
That's where I also buy my 12" needles... I use the Chiaogoo from Handsomefibers.
My LYS told me that using a 12" circ needle for socks would make them looser than using the 3 dps or 2 circs. I tried using just one 9" circ but my hands are too big to hold something that tiny. I've used dps for years but thought your pattern using just the one needle sounded so convenient. What to do, what to do?.... jo

·
Banned
13,778 Posts
Jodie78 said:
My LYS told me that using a 12" circ needle for socks would make them looser than using the 3 dps or 2 circs. I tried using just one 9" circ but my hands are too big to hold something that tiny. I've used dps for years but thought your pattern using just the one needle sounded so convenient. What to do, what to do?.... jo
I have never heard of anyone's socks being looser because they were knitted on a 12" circular. I think most LYS don't carry them... I know mine doesn't...perhaps she hasn't tried this technique herself.. who knows?!

Sockit2me is the person who taught me (hundreds of us, by now, I think) how to knit socks on a 12" needle. He has knitted literally hundreds of pairs of socks with this method as well as lots of us here.

I agree.. it IS convenient to knit a sock on one circular. Quick and easy as well.

Check out Eric's tutorial if you have any questions....

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
debbieb said:
You can order ChiaGoo from them from http://www.handsomefibers.com. I have ordered from them several times and have always been happy with their prompt service.
This company has awesome CS. Have not ordered needles from them but, have ordered yarn. Recently made a wedding shawl, posted on here, for a lovely young lady in Montana. Decided to use locally sourced fibers since she intends to continue to live in that gorgeous state.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I only have 2 LYS and neither had them and have to order them. I ordered Addi from Webs yesterday and they only had 2! I may go ahead and order another from someone else in case Webs puts me on backorder!!!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom