Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to knit, on my LK150, a pattern from Feb 2216 Machine knitting monthly. The pattern is called 'nice and easy'.I have completed the back and am trying to make the fronts. The pattern is for long version the pattern states 'dec 1st at right edge of next row and 10 foll 4th rows,then on 0 foll 6th rows.at the same time inc 1st at the left edge of the next row and 6 foll 6th rows'. By which time the stitches should have gone from 42 down to 38. It is double dutch to me. Can anybody make any sense of these instructions? I am tearing my hair out because it is definitely not nice and easy in my book. Please help someone.
Bevhug

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
You are going to "dec" (decrease) 1 st (stitch) at the right edge of the next row. You are again going to decrease 1 stitch every 4th row 10 times and none on the 6th row. Without knowing the full pattern, it looks like you will make an inc (increase) on the left edge and 1 increase every 6th row 6 times.

It appears you are decreasing on the right and increasing on the left. When finished you should have 38 stitches left.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
30knitter is correct. You are decreasing for the v-neckline and increasing for the underarm area at the same time. That is not the way I am used to seeing it written, I am used to seeing it as: dec 1 st every 4th row 10 x. The reason for the "then on 0 foll 6th rows" is that the size you are making doesn't need you to do those additional decreases.

I hate shaping differently at each end at the same time. Nothing easy about it for me. So I use an Excel spreadsheet and chart it all out, then I can check each row as I am going, making sure needle count and row count agree. It takes some time, but it is worth it to me. I've attached the file if your are interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
A spreadsheet is a good idea. I have been using something similar but I laminated several pages and then I use a whiteboard marker which I can rub off and re-use the sheets - Jill

Reba1 said:
30knitter is correct. You are decreasing for the v-neckline and increasing for the underarm area at the same time. That is not the way I am used to seeing it written, I am used to seeing it as: dec 1 st every 4th row 10 x. The reason for the "then on 0 foll 6th rows" is that the size you are making doesn't need you to do those additional decreases.

I hate shaping differently at each end at the same time. Nothing easy about it for me. So I use an Excel spreadsheet and chart it all out, then I can check each row as I am going, making sure needle count and row count agree. It takes some time, but it is worth it to me. I've attached the file if your are interested.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Is your L K 150 a reasonably new one? I have the newer version, it has an Electronic Row Counter, it looks like a basic one but there is a hole near it on the back of the machine, where the cable for the K R 21 is plugged in. The K R 21 uses Plastic Sheets on which you are able to Draw the shape of the item and it is so much easier than following a written pattern, the only problem is the price, it is quite expensive. Silver Reed do not advertise them but I presume they are still being made for the L K 150. From, Susan, Hertfordshire, U.K.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom