Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone made the sleepy santa wreath.
I'm was not sure but I think the pattern is wrong,
When you get to row 21- 30 you have to change to blush, but it says beginning with a purl row work in stocking stitch, which would may it reverse stocking stitch but looking closely at the picture it isn't reverse stocking stich. It is stocking stitch. I hope this makes sense.
I have posted the part of the pattern that is confusing me.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,990 Posts
from reading the pattern it's wrong, they have row 20 and 21 as purl. It looks like you should just do the st. st and then follow the rest of the pattern as the decreases go. That's what I would do, wondering now if there might be some errata somewhere on the pattern.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
deshka said:
from reading the pattern it's wrong, they have row 20 and 21 as purl. It looks like you should just do the st. st and then follow the rest of the pattern as the decreases go. That's what I would do, wondering now if there might be some errata somewhere on the pattern.
Thank you for that I will check through the pattern and see if there are any corrections.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,745 Posts
I have to disagree with Deshka; the pattern is correct as written. When you change your yarn to the blush color, you purl the first row so that the white stitches from the previous row will show as purl bumps on the right side, keeping the beard consistent. Afterward, you will be knitting stockinette, in blush, starting on the wrong side with another purl row.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52,945 Posts
kponsw said:
I have to disagree with Deshka; the pattern is correct as written. When you change your yarn to the blush color, you purl the first row so that the white stitches from the previous row will show as purl bumps on the right side, keeping the beard consistent. Afterward, you will be knitting stockinette, in blush, starting on the wrong side with another purl row.
But it says rows 21-30 beginning with purl stocking stitch. And row 20 is purl. But there is not a 3rd purl row as row 19 is knitted.

Check your instructions for making it up- it is possible that the bottom section is reverse stocking stitch which we can't see under the beard and that row 1 is the wrong side. Usually when the first row is the wrong side the pattern says but they don't always add that important detail.
Or else it is written wrongly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,745 Posts
darowil said:
But it says rows 21-30 beginning with purl stocking stitch. And row 20 is purl. But there is not a 3rd purl row as row 19 is knitted.

Check your instructions for making it up- it is possible that the bottom section is reverse stocking stitch which we can't see under the beard and that row 1 is the wrong side. Usually when the first row is the wrong side the pattern says but they don't always add that important detail.
Or else it is written wrongly.
My mistake. The photo didn't show up that well on my phone and I didn't realize that it was the body rather than the face (beginning with the beard) being knit with white. I probably shouldn't try to answer questions after midnight. :sm12:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52,945 Posts
kponsw said:
My mistake. The photo didn't show up that well on my phone and I didn't realize that it was the body rather than the face (beginning with the beard) being knit with white. I probably shouldn't try to answer questions after midnight. :sm12:
The photo doesn't show much clearly I thought. Often by looking at the photo you can work out what should be done but in this case the photo was useless as can't see what the bottom of the head should look like.

Something needs clarification in the pattern-either that starts on the wrong side or the start stocking stitch with purl is wrong.
I'm usually OK with after midnight- early morning is my worst time often!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom