Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a silly question, I should've known this by now, but in knitting the Cupcake Mittlets I have got to the point where I have continued on in the "Left Lace Pattern" but when it says "Work in this manner" does it mean the whole row stitches or just the repeat pattern?

Also, when continuing in pattern I go through all 15 rows with even row knitting included until I get 50 stitches...I've kind of got lost along the way somehow, especially since I dropped a few stitches which I then took out 4 rows to start fresh (much more difficult to see those tiny stitches for me) so now that I am starting fresh again 4 rows behind, just wanted to verify if it was correct how I had been proceeding.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
Work in this manner means the whole row (not a well-written pattern when they use "row" for "round") - this is so that you continue to do the increases for the thumb. So row 9 will be work lace pattern to last 9 stitches ...

Yes you work through all 16 (don't forget your last knit row to complete the pattern) rows as you incorporate your increases.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for the quick response. I haven't worked with dpns on too many projects. Also, the way I have been doing it is that it is continually changing how I put the stitches on my needles ( as when I have a k2tog I have to take stitches from last needle, etc). So will I need to have the amount of stitches on each needle ? will it really matter until I take the 15 stitches from third needle for stitch holder. Somehow I kept getting close to 50 stitches but not quite..guess I just need to keep on " keeping on" ha!

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
It doesn't really matter how many stitches are on each needle as long as it is comfortable to work with, although this pattern does specify 10/20/10 to start with, which may make doing your lace pattern easier.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sorry, I should've given more info regarding the pattern. I will try to include picture, we'll see if it works, if not it is from Ravelry by Shantha Ramachandran. Thank you for asking.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
DarFromRedondo said:
I'm sorry, I should've given more info regarding the pattern. I will try to include picture, we'll see if it works, if not it is from Ravelry by Shantha Ramachandran. Thank you for asking.
Not what I expected when I saw the name of the pattern. Your color choices evokes cupcake to me

·
Registered
3 Posts
I must be slow but I have done the rib and I am ready to do the left hand. I have a cast on of 40 but no where does it say to add more sts before the lace . I do not have enough sts. I have no place to knit 5 sts at the end of the row. Can someone PLEASE help me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found the answer to my question. I was reading the knit one knit two together yarn over knit to repeat what it actually says is net one hit two together yarn over knit to repeat knit 6 knit two together young over knit two three times . thanks for being there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found the answer to my question. I was reading the knit one knit two together yarn over knit to repeat what it actually says is net one hit two together yarn over knit to repeat knit 6 knit two together young over knit two three times . thanks for being there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom