Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a paid pattern for child to adult hat.. Top of hat has me stumped on Round 2. Says to K1, P1, (k3,P1), K1.. This is with 60 stitches There is no asterisk after the parenthesis. This is all there is. Do I do the first two stitches, then repeat the parenthesis to hopefully last stitch of K1... Yes I have attempted to contact the designer for clarification, but no answer.. Thanks and Blessings, Cathy

· Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Round one is a mystery. It just says: We will decrease in pattern, when we K2 on the previous round we will do P2Tog. When we did P2, we will do K2Tog. The decrease stitches are separated by K1.. First the word previous is confusing as no where in the pattern is there a K2. Nor is there from round 2 on.. I. Guess my original question is still what do I do with the (k3,P1)???

· Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope I am literally at the end of the hat, getting ready to finish off.. This is frustrating as the hat isn't all that cheap.. I have also found that designers write thinking you know what their thinking. I've had amazing designers always write a pattern out in detail in hopes that a beginner will have confidence in trying her patterns.. Just saying....

· Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, actually I did another decrease on the first hat but it wasn't very complimentary.. I do like the double band as I'm making these for the Navajo school children in Tuba City.. They do work up fast..Have found that using a worsted or even light weight because it's doubled, but the top I use an Aran weight.. Actually I've made a bunch of 1898 hats, you could just leave off the ears and it would give you the same effect and its free. Thanks for your help.. Cathy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom