Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I cry or throw the circ with the Toe-up-2-socks-at-one time across the room? Well, I was sailing along, loving this and then when it came to shaping the heel, I sailed right off the edge of the earth! The pattern is for the beginner/sample socks in the Toe-Up 2-at-a-Time by Mellissa Morgan-Oakes. My brain just suddenly quit working. What do I do? I do not understand the instructions for shaping the heel at all! Has anyone out there has this problem or can you help me, pleeeeaaassseee..... It says to work on one sock at a time, I got that, but after knitting 8 stitches, and slipping one pw, it then says to knit 15 stitches. Where the heck do these 15 stitches come from? From the same sock, to be sure, but how do I get to them.
Do I laugh or cry?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I know how you feel because I completed a pair and then forgot how I did it. Look at www.youtube.com and search for a video about knitting toe up heels. Watching the videos helped me a lot. I also found that if I turn off the TV and sit real quietly the directions make more sense.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These socks are still on the needle. Since March I have knitted many things, but have not tried the Toe-Up-Two-at-A-Time socks again. This project will be the first I start in November. Seems like a really good Illinois winter project.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom