Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the person that needed a pattern for a man's scarf. And I got a lot to choose from but I chose : K 1row (6 times) and then 2 rows P and repeat. Now, I've counted stitches almost every row until I visited my neighbor for awhile. Instead of 40 stitches, I now have 44. and I've been using my favorite circular needle. I also used the suggestion to slip first stitch of each row to other needle as someone suggested! Please I have 1/3 of scarf done,don't make me rip out!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't I just gradually, in the next couple rows, knit 2 stitches together?
HELP!!!!!!!!!! It's for my son who looks at me like -you did all these knitted things, especially scarves, what's up?
Sue (wackycat4)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Here's my 2 cents worth. . . . yes, I would certainly k2tog to get rid of the extra 4 sts. This is a scarf where size doesn't matter so much. If you do it on the k rows and at the beg or end of the row, only you and God will know and He's very forgiving :) !!!!!!!!!!!! I would not do it all at once but over the next 2 or 3 groups of 6 k rows. If will be very gradual and not noticed at all and, of course, the next time you make that scarf, it won't happen!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck. . . . jj

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom