Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
835 Posts
A lot of patterns are written like that and it can be a bit confusing. I've got one that I haven't attempted yet that has several different cable and pattern panels and they are all shown individually as A, B, C etc at the start and you don't get to the actual instructions until the second page. I may not bother with it though as I think life is too short to add any more confusion to it.

· Registered
4,805 Posts
SUSSALA said:
Hi ladies! This forum is so great, I thought I would ask a question.. I am looking at this pattern http://www.naturallycaron.com/projects/cancun_spa/cancun_spa_1.html but not sure how many stitches to cast on for the 40 bust.. could someone please unfog my brain?? thanks a million
You didn't say if you are using the Caron Spa yarn for this project, but I just used this yarn to make a summer top for myself. I had gauge and made what should have been the size for me ... I am frogging it and making it out of another yarn. The Caron Spa yarn is very, very stretchy. I'm not sure I would want to knit this with 4" positive ease. It could turn out huge!

· Registered
23,691 Posts
I have done that before too.. :) I have spent way too much time trying to get started on something before the words "Stitch Pattern" clicks in my head... Its a beautiful top I look forward to seeing this knitted up...
SUSSALA said:
OMG... I am blind...lol.. I totally did not see that... thanks sweetie

· Registered
3,199 Posts
maggieme said:
I went to the same site. Now, I need your help. The Asheville Jacket pattern. For size large ...do I need 8 - 100 gram balls?
Yes you do. The skeins are 3 oz each, per that page. You will need 24 oz of yarn for a size Large. I would buy 9 or 10, if you can return the unused unopen skeins if you have too many. It is a beautiful jacket. Good luck making it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom