Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been knitting for years and I usually have no problem with patterns but this one has me stumped. It is from an old Interweave magazine and it is called "Cabled Yoke Pullover". It is top-down and I have the yoke finished. The next instructions are: Divide for body and sleeves: With waste yarn, CO 2 sets of 10 sts each for underarms and set aside. Divide as foll: P11, pm, p76 for front, place next 52 sts onto holder for sleeve, p10 CO sts, p76 for back, place next 52 sts onto holder for sleeve, p10 CO sts----172 sts total. My questions are: where do you put the CO sts when you set them "aside" and where do you add them in and I am totally confused! Help!!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Budster; You are going to Cast those stitches on on a separate needle with waste yarn. When the pattern says to knit them, put them on the working needle as you knit them with the working yarn, placing markers as directed. They are now part of the sweater as underarm stitches. You will come back and knit the sleeves later. Hope that helps. :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom