Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorting my stash (again...) and came across several balls with hard-to-read labels. I think the yarn is wool, but I'm not sure. The label says:

Drops Eskimo
100% REN NY ULL

Made in EU
Excellent for felting

So that makes me think it's wool, but I'd like to make sure.
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Galaxycraft - I should have just gone to the website myself (Duh moment). I'm a bit overwhelmed with the stash so far. I appreciate your quick reply - I might get this done tonight! What a job, sorting wool, in 33 degree Celsius weather! Crazy. Thank you again!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
carolynjeffy said:
How are you going to sort it? My stash needs sorting too. I know you start by weight, but then there are so many ways to go: color, fiber type, washability... I just get boggled thinking about it.
I'm sorting it according to type: wool for felting (and Yikes, don't I have enough of that!), Acrylic, and blended. Husband just came up and laughed and laughed....and yet, he's the worst for adding to my stash! I'm not that experienced a knitter that weight is important to me - I don't knit socks, mitts or fingerless gloves...I knit scarves and things to felt, but mostly I add to my stash because I can't resist.

If you could see my fabric stash, well, I don't want to go there. I just can't resist fibre of any sort. But I'm getting better....as if. LOL

·
Registered
47 Posts
Jacktana said:
I'm sorting it according to type: wool for felting (and Yikes, don't I have enough of that!), Acrylic, and blended. Husband just came up and laughed and laughed....and yet, he's the worst for adding to my stash! I'm not that experienced a knitter that weight is important to me - I don't knit socks, mitts or fingerless gloves...I knit scarves and things to felt, but mostly I add to my stash because I can't resist.

If you could see my fabric stash, well, I don't want to go there. I just can't resist fibre of any sort. But I'm getting better....as if. LOL
If I knitted every day for the rest of my life I probably couldn't use up all my yarn. And yet I will always keep collecting...

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just ordered some other yarn from Drops and it looks lovely. You can search for a retailer in your country. They also have a lot of patterns on their website and you can copy them to your document page and save it. This is what Drops say: A thick and easy to use single stranded yarn that results in warm and comfortable garments, and it’s ideal for felting. DROPS Eskimo is a lovely, soft, round and fluffy yarn spun from 100% pure wool.

The yarn fibers are untreated, which means that it is only washed and not exposed to any chemical treatment prior to the dyeing. This highlights the fiber’s natural properties, while it provides also a better shape and texture quality.

DROPS Eskimo contains mixed colours, this means the wool is manufactured by carding the colours together before spinning, which gives it a mixed effect. It also has printed colours, which means the yarn has various colours that regularly repeat in random lengths. The DROPS Eskimo tweed thread has tweed effects spun into the yarn, that add both random colours and texture, and make the yarn vary a little in thickness.

Best of luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom