Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((((( Sure, I can and will help:

Up 1 is very neat way to increase a stitch in the middle of a row. Here's how:

Put the left needle under the thread between the stitch just knitted and the stitch on the left needle.

Knit through the back of the picked up loop.

This twists the stitch which make it tighter and prevents a hole.

This sounds complicated but if you knit it as you read the instructions, or get a friend to read it as you knit, it's really simple; IMHO, final answer. LOL!!

TTYL!
~~~~~~~~~~
nicky said:
Hi I have come across a pattern for a knitted heart but one of the abbreviations is up1 I am not sure what that means can anyone help please?

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
This kind of increase as someone else explains in replys is also called a make 1 (M1).

nicky said:
Hi I have come across a pattern for a knitted heart but one of the abbreviations is up1 I am not sure what that means can anyone help please?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I haven't heard of that either, but I'm wondering if it means pick up 1 stitch the bar between perhaps. Does the pattern have a description of the stitch abbreviations or is there a website you can go to for help. Would be interested to learn what you find out. What is it that you are making?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom