Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Is there anyone out there who could help me with my problem.
I have purchased a used Brother 950 upgraded to950i and the accessories.
I have set it up according to the instruction manuals including the ribber. The carriages move freely until I attach the "joiner" or "coupling" then the carriage jams immediately.
I have tried over and over but not making any progress.
Has anyone any ideas please.
Regards
Lin

·
Registered
25 Posts
You probably haven't set it all up correctly. Check the ribber is at the correct position. When I recently set all mine up again after a break of a few years I had the same trouble even though I'm quite experienced. The ribber wasn't hight enough or close enough to couple together probably.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Is the little slide lever on the left of the ribber bed set to H? This setting makes the main bed needles pass by the ribber needles, even when you are using every needle on both beds.
If the slide lever is on P, then the needles will hit each other and you cannot knit. (Unless you are set up for 1x1 ribbing using every other needle on each bed.)

·
Registered
9,692 Posts
The download for the ribber adjustment pdf was found on the web sites link below; along with multiple patterns publications, stitch patterns publications, KM and accessory manuals for some, plus information on the different design programs currently available...
This is possibly the best site I've seen and thank the sites designer and owner and the fellow knitter who originally found and posted the link for our use...

http://www.aboutknittingmachines.com/BrotherFreeManuals.php

·
Registered
463 Posts
Lindaglenn said:
Hi,
Is there anyone out there who could help me with my problem.
I have purchased a used Brother 950 upgraded to950i and the accessories.
I have set it up according to the instruction manuals including the ribber. The carriages move freely until I attach the "joiner" or "coupling" then the carriage jams immediately.
I have tried over and over but not making any progress.
Has anyone any ideas please.
Regards
Lin
If you just got this machine make sure your foam retainer bars are good. Sometimes, you can knit using the main bed without too much trouble with a slightly bad retainer bar but once you add the ribber the needles simply flop too much... Give it a peek....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone who has taken the trouble to help.
I have taken it all on board and going through one at a time in the hope of finding a remedy.

Just like to say what a great website this is I was hoping but didn't expect so much help.

Thanks again.

Linda

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi,just make sure the 2 beds are only about a credit card's width between each. And make sure your "joiner/coupling? carriage is on securely. If the space is too far...or too close it jams. A credit card is a good width to have between the two beds.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Kate,
Unfortunately, I was unable to open the file. I have checked and carried out other instructions sent to me but without success. I am now waiting for a call back for a repairer to come and take a look. I don't want to play with the screws too much just in case I do more damage.
Regards
Linda

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom