Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m hoping someone out there can help me figure out this shawl. It’s 363 stitches, a garter stitch body with a bold lace edging. I finished the garter stitch and am into the 5th row of this pattern where the (chart) as well as the pattern has stumped me. The fifth row reads k1, (work 1 special st , Sl 1 wyib, k1 yo(k2tog til p2) 4x, k1tbl, yo, k1, Sl 1 wyib) repeat till last 2st, work 1 special stitch, k1.
The special st is broken down as you peak over your knitting yo take a look at the WS of your work. Identify the strand that was created while slipping the currently first st on your left needle in the previous RS row. With your left needle, pick up that strand and K it together with the following stitch.
i understand most of it but cannot figure out how to knit together a stitch that is a slip stitch. I’ve gone into the Ravelry site and read other peoples work and one woman said she contacted Melanie Berg without results. Can someone please help me?

· Registered
11,035 Posts
You aren't knitting the stitch that was previously slipped, you are knitting the float that is behind the previously slipped together with the next stitch on the left needle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top Bottom