Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been crocheting panels that are to be made into a play mat for our great grandson. I finished all the panels, edged around them, and just laid them out on the table so I can match them up and begin sewing them together. I discovered that one panel is too long. (Guess I got carried away.) Is there a trick to undoing the edging around the extra rows and deleting the rows or do I have to start all over and do another panel?

·
Banned
23,386 Posts
If you did the edging in just one row around,
just unravel the row till you get past the part where you need to unravel the panel.
Undo the knot of the panel, unravel the amount of rows you need to delete, and bind off the yarn (make sure that is where you want it to end.)
Then pick up the loose chain at the edging and finish the edging as you did before.

If you did the edging with more than one row/round-you will have to unravel the whole edging first.

But at least you won't have to do another panel. :>)

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did needlessly do a bunch of extra rows, but I appreciate your help and now know that I don't have to redo the whole panel. There were 11 panels and I am sick of them!!
Thank you so much.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. She has been a real blessing. She was picked up as a stray by a very sweet young school teacher. She advertised over the internet for a good home for her. It ended up that we met at the the school where she taught and would you believe it was only about 3 miles from our home?
She named her Callie (she laughingly said that was really original). I am totally in love with Callie and she is a real love bug.
God bless.

·
Registered
467 Posts
if you have an uneven number of panels you can put this one in the centre and treat it as a feature rather than a bug. Sandra Betzina taught me to look for ways to make a booboo into a bomm! boom!

You can line up one edge or make it stick out a bit from both top and bottom.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
If you plan on using this mat for him to sleep on, watch carefully so he doesn't get his fingers tangled in the crocheting. There has been word going around about the dangers of a finger being stuck in crocheting and being amputated because baby couldn't get the finger loose.

Carol J.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom