Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm on shaping crown, I did set up row, did next round knit all, Here's my problem: on next round (decreasing) Says " [ slip marker, SSK, knit to marker], repeat to end. DOES THIS MEAN I ONLY DO ONE SSK FOR THAT ENTIRE ROUND?
Next round says Repeat "Plain round" and "decrease round" until you 18 stitches left..

Thanks, Cathy

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
The part in brackets is to be repeated to the end. So, every time you come to a marker, slip the marker, then SSK & knit to next marker. So, depending on how many markers, that is how many decreases you will have in the decrease rows. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
18,232 Posts
A specific pattern link would help a lot ... as others have implied... I suspect that when you did the set-up round you were supposed to place markers every "X" stitches.
then you are doing a decrease round with the SSK after each marker and the next round is a plain knit

It would be very unusual to only decrease one stitch per round... not to mention, it would be a weird looking crown on the hat... possible, I guess, but....

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
I was just going to say you missed adding some markers in the set up round.

Next round (set up round): [SSK, knit 12 (14, 16), place marker] repeat brackets to end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom