Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
If it is at sleeves there is a pattern that does before and after- it is for a doll, right, what size? The increases on each side of the marker will create the sleeves, if it is like my pattern. Maybe you have found that out already. Have fun!!

·
Registered
18,232 Posts
i think the increases are fine how they are written.... I would follow the pattern and see what you think after several inches....
since it's a doll sweater, it won't take long and if you don't like it .... frogging is never fun but it won't be a huge leap into the pond.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
The increases are fine. Having them before the marker and after the marker and knit between the marker gives a line of knit stitches up the sleeve making a nice finished edge. Hard to explain, just keep on doing it as they say and it will look fine.

·
Registered
12,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trekkiebigtime said:
The increases are fine. Having them before the marker and after the marker and knit between the marker gives a line of knit stitches up the sleeve making a nice finished edge. Hard to explain, just keep on doing it as they say and it will look fine.
Thank you. Yes, after knitting a few more rows I can see what you are saying. Not having made very many sweaters I didn't know what part of the sweater I was looking at

Thanks again for your response

·
Registered
12,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
darowil said:
Another to say the pattern looks right. It is the raglan armhole shaping
If you were knitting seperate pieces you would have a total of 8 decreases, two for each seam. The marker is positioned where the seam would be.
Thank you. Yes, I can see that now. The shoulders are at both ends of the needles and those are the seams diagonally for the sleeves. I can see that now as I proceed from the top down.

Thanks again for your input

It's so great having a resource of very helpful knitters!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom