Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago I bought my knitting friend a super-duper row counter. I remember that it was not easy to come by (maybe from US) and was quite expensive - around £20.
It wasn't high-tech, but it was made up of several circular pieces so that you could keep count of lots of things at once.
She loved it, but it has started to show signs of wear. Her brother, Mr Fix-it, unfortunately died suddenly a couple of months ago and I fear that the next time it won't be able to get fixed. I would very much like to surprise her with a new version, but can't remember the important details like the brand, although I don't think it was one I had heard of before.
If anyone has the faintest idea what I'm talking about, please let me know.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HOVE said:
Is it a Sirka Counter? Have one, would be happy to give it to you. Used it almost never!
That name sounds very familiar. I wouldn't use it either - my friend and I always laugh about it. I'm a pen and paper girl, but she loves this gadget. I'll google it now and get back to you. Thanks.

·
Registered
31,234 Posts
It looks like something I would buy, use a couple of times, then go back to my lined notebook and pen. I am a sucker for knitting gadgets and have a small shoe box full of them. The only one I still use regularly is my Clover pom pom maker.
KnitterNatalie said:
https://www.theyarncafe.com/sirka-counter/ Here's one as well!

·
Premium Member
81,203 Posts
MarilynKnits said:
It looks like something I would buy, use a couple of times, then go back to my lined notebook and pen. I am a sucker for knitting gadgets and have a small shoe box full of them. The only one I still use regularly is my Clover pom pom maker.
My yarny gadgets collection outgrew the shoebox and now resides in a large toolbox.

I looked at the Sirka in an LYS several years ago, but decided not to get it.
I remember later reading online that the manufacturer had ceased making them.

·
Premium Member
81,203 Posts

·
Registered
31,234 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom