Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am new to cables and dpns, but, I am doing alright with this pattern up until row 43. Is there something I need to keep in mind when it says to ''keep cable pattern even and to work cable twist on every 14th round'' and then it goes on into the decrease, am I needing to do anything more than just what they continue on with telling me for a decrease row? This part just left me confused, because I did not even see where I would get to a ''14th round'' again. Gee! I wish it was crochet since it is so easy to ''try'' things and pull it out with that. =( Here is the link the the pattern and I am making the cap http://www.freevintageknitting.com/baby-patterns/star130/cable-cap-and-sweater-set

·
Super Moderator
Name on Ravelry: JessicaJean, no hyphen, no space.
87,247 Posts
The cap. I was looking at the sweater and wondering what you were on about! You are doing the cap!

Supposedly, the cables and the decreases don't interfere with one another; the cables seem to go right up to the end.

Patterns rarely have all the rows written out in full. When you're new to knitting (and sometimes even when you've decades of experience at it! ;) ), it helps to write out the 'missing' rows.
Pattern said:
43rd Round. Keeping cable pattern even and working cable twist on every 14th round, decrease as follows: * P 2, K 4, P 2, sl 1 as if to K, K 1, pass slip stitch over knit stitch (p.s.s.o.), K 11, sl next st over last K st, repeat from * all around.

44th and every alternate Round. K all around.

Repeat last 2 rounds, working in above manner having 2 sts less in each section between cables until 50 sts remain on needles.

Next Round. * P 2, K 4, P 2, K 2 together (tog), repeat from * all around.

Next Round. Work cable twist round.

Next Round. * K 2 tog, K 1, repeat from * all around, cut yarn leaving a length long enough to draw through remaining sts, fasten securely.
If I were you, I'd write out each row between the 44th and when you'll be down to 50 stitches total.

Sorry, I'm too lazy/tired to bother doing the math for you.

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
The pattern actually tells you when to do the next cable twist row immediately after you have decreased to 50 sts, so you don't need to worry about that while decreasing.

Cute cap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom