Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my problem is I am doing K1B1 stitch correctly, and I can't figure out how to B1 especially. I know it is knit in the stitch
below, and then the reg. stitch, but can't figure how to knit in
the back. This my first request, but read this daily and have learned so much Thanks for any help

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Looking around they seem to mean kfb
knit in the front and the back of the same stitch.

northkspat said:
Hi, my problem is I am doing K1B1 stitch correctly, and I can't figure out how to B1 especially. I know it is knit in the stitch
below, and then the reg. stitch, but can't figure how to knit in
the back. This my first request, but read this daily and have learned so much Thanks for any help

Attachments

·
Registered
20,185 Posts
The only reference I saw to k1b1 was the following,
"I knit in the front and back (k1b1) of both stitches."

which indicates what is usually referred to as Kfb or knit in the front of the stitch, then knit in the back of the same stitch. This is an increase. See video
http://www.knitpicks.com/tutorials/Knit_into_the_Front_and_Back__D113.html

Can you post a link to the pattern? Or type in the line exactly as it is written. How does it tell you to do the stitch?

Here is a different illustration for knit one below.
http://techknitting.blogspot.com/2008/12/knitting-into-stitch-below.html

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
northkspat said:
Sorry It says K1BL
and instructions say k1 in back of next st in row below k next st.
I have tried this, and it is doable, but it leaves a loose bar across the front of the stitch and I don't know if this is how it is supposed to be, whereas a straight K1B as in the diagram I posted catches the yarn from the stitch above and doesn't leave it flapping.

What happens on the next row?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The next row is purl. I think I got it. I watched the above tutorial, and it was helpful. But it is suppose to be in the row below the stitch I knit. that leaves the top or current stitch on the left needle, I think your suppose to knit it also as 2 stitches over is a k2tog. I have got to get to bed now. will check it out again tomorrow. Thanks all.

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
If you can post a link to the pattern if it is a free one or a scan of the picture if it isn't would be really helpful.

In K1b, you slip both "layers" off the left needle at the same time, which would make your K2tog a decrease.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Hilary4 said:
Are you sure the instructions aren't K1, K1b? K1b is knit one below. (K1 tbl is knit one through the back of the loop.)

The diagram show knit one below:
great diagram for kit one below!!!! thanks

sorry i don't know what the original question pattern means. its too bad we can't all agree on meanings of abreviations

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom