Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. I'm a new kid on the block and I need help from all you wonderful knitters/crocheters out there. I ran into a lady in Hobby Lobby the other day who had a precious small and dainty scarf with fringe on it. It was shaped kind of like a bandana. The yarn is Patons stretch socks and it is very small and has elastic in it. Needles to say, I am challenged. She told me she started off with a triple crochet, ch 4, turn, 2 tc, ch 4, turn, 3 tc, and so on. I don't think I even have a clue if that is the back or the front! If you don't know either, how about a pattern to make a dainty cowl?
Thank you so much for reading all this. I'm pretty bold, huh. New kid and starting out with such a problem!

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((((( See notes in ( ) I think I can help you. )))))))))

((((((((( bandana - probably using the granny triangle which is popular for shawls, too, worked in a ring or the first stitch can be in the first chain made. ))))))))))

She told me she started off with a triple crochet, ((((((( She's working in a RING or the first chain made. ))))))

chaining 4 (?)ch 4, turn, 2 tc, ch 4, turn, 3 tc, and so on. ** I don't think I even have a clue if that is the back or the front! (((((( If you're turning in crochet, it will be reversible. )))))))))

If you don't know either ((( Granny triangle basic pattern is below for you using DC (change it to TRC (TC) and add one more in turning ch for 4; Make it as long/wide as you wish; Size head as you go and '''don't change colors''' as directed below; Lacier yarns and bigger hooks make this work up better in a shawl compared to WW and smaller hooks:
~~~~~
Materials

Medium (worsted) weight yarn: Small amounts of various colors as desired
Size G/6/4mm crochet hook or size needed for gauge
Yarn needle
Gauge
Row 1 of motif = 1 1/2 inches in length.

Row 1: With first color, ch 5, sk 4 chs, (3 dc, ch 1, dc) in last ch, fasten off.

Row 2: Attach next color in beg ch-4 sp, ch 4 (counts as dc and
ch-1), 3 dc in same sp, ch 1, (3 dc, ch 1, dc) in next ch-1 sp, fasten off.
``````` If you want this in a shawl, just keep on working until it's the right size; Surf for patterns, pehaps but this one above......just keep on working. Size it as you go. ))))))))))

how about a pattern to make a dainty cowl? ((((((((( Knitted or crocheted? Surf for those: Lacy knit cowl pattern free If you want crocheted, change the knit. ))))))))))))

Thank you so much for reading all this. I'm pretty bold, huh. New kid and starting out with such a problem! ((((((((( Keep asking! It makes us think outside the yarn label! LOL!! Good luck! Donna Rae )))))))
[/quote]

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((((((( You're welcome! Let me know how it goes. @@

Donna Rae )))))))))))
larryslove said:
Thank you so much for your help. Will take your advice. You are a doll!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom