Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve lost my instructions for doing the magic knot to join thread and, I really don’t want to join any Company because of all the adds. Can anyone direct me to the best place . Thank you.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I think you must mean magic knot; magic loop is using a long cable to knit small circumference items.

See if you can change your title.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Joining Yarn With A Knot by Grannymar317 ... that’s my favorite one to follow.
Be aware that they tell you to cut the ends really close to the knot but some have reported that it can come undone when using slippery yarn or fragile yarn. I trust that’s it a good knot but I still weave the tails in, instead of cutting them off.

Sorry couldn’t link it.

There are many other videos to watch ... Very Pink, Fiber Spider each have one, just to name two.

·
Registered
23,222 Posts
Faye10 said:
I've lost my instructions for doing the magic knot to join thread and, I really don't want to join any Company because of all the adds. Can anyone direct me to the best place . Thank you.
Google "Magic Knot" for joining yarn ends. Keep in mind, however, even when done perfectly..it is possible to come undone. It can also leave a very noticeable knot in your project. Consider Russian Join which IMHO, is usually a better choice.

Magic Loop is a technique for knitting round items, socks, sleeves, sweaters, etc. with a rather long (40" often recommended) circular needle.

·
Registered
93,689 Posts
Ive sat and watched a few videos to learn, I try and have everything I need ready like my knit kit so I have everything on hand and don't have to get up to gather anything....once you find a video you like, you can stop start as needed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom