Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pattern is Free knitting pattern: one Piece baby pullover. I was doing so good..I did Neck Bind -off row....but now i need to do... Neck Cast -On Row..K31 cast on 22, sts very loosely for back neck,k to end of row... HOW do I cast on in the middle of a row.???. I never did that..Thanks...

·
Premium Member
13,045 Posts
Rita Ann said:
Thanks but i need to cast on after i knitted 31 stitches then it say to case on.???? This is for the neck...
All three of the links that have been given show ways to do exactly that. Just ignore the initial making of a slip knot to start. With the backward loop cast on you hold the needle with the existing 31 stitches in your right hand and then use the backward loop cast on to add the new stitches. For the other two cast-ons your turn your needle around and hold it in your left hand and use your free needle in your right hand to cast on the new stitches by working into the last stitch that you just knit (for the knitted cast-on) or between the last stitch and second-to-last stitch (for the cable cast-on).

·
Registered
788 Posts
Oh dear Rita Ann - I know how to do it but I don't know how to explain it. If I were you, I would go to You Tube and search for "cast on in middle of row" or something like that and see what it turns up for you.

Vickie xox

·
Registered
23,384 Posts
I crochet them on. I don't know if this will make sense, but I'll try. I put the last stitch of the row I'm knitting on a crochet hook and snugly crochet one stitch onto the needle to replace the last stitch. Then I crochet the stitches I need on to the needle, slipping the stitch on the crochet hook on the knitting needle as the last stitch. Then I just keep knitting the row. I hope I didn't confuse you more! It's really quite easy once you try it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Instead of going into the next stitch, just pick up the yarn and begin casting on until you've cast on the desired number of stitches. It's that simple. Probably feels strange since you have completed work already on your needle, but it's no different than your originial cast on regarding technique.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom