Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to make the Lana Grande Weekend Sweater. I am having trouble with the directions. I think I understand it up until the 2nd decrease and then after that, I am totally confused. Can someone look at the pattern and help me out. I am doing the back. It's a Cascade yarn pattern. Thank you in advance for any help. SharonT.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
http://www.cascadeyarns.com/patternsFree/B186_LanaGrandeSweater_pattern.pdf

Change to st. st. When work measures 4 ½ (5, 5 ½, 6)” from cast on edge, dec. 1 st. at beg.
and end of row. Repeat once more at desired length for waist (perhaps 8[8 ½,
,9, 9 ½]”) 36, 41, 46, 51) sts
Work straight until 8( 8 ½, 9, 9 ½, 10)” from cast on edge. (or desired length to waist)
Inc. one st. at beg and end of row twice at 2 (2, 2 ½, 2 ½, 2 ½ )” intervals. 40(45,50,55) sts
Work straight in st. st. until 11 (11 ½, 12, 12 ½. 13)” from cast on edge or desired length to
underarm.

I can see why you are confused. I had to read this several times before I could understand what they are saying. I don't know what size you are making so I will use size small for this example. You are decreasing for waist shaping by decreasing one stitch each end of needle, once at 4.5 inches and again at 8 inches. The 8 inch measurement can be more or less depending on your height. The next sentence "Work straight until 8( 8 ½, 9, 9 ½, 10)” from cast on edge. (or desired length to waist)" is, to me, not needed and is what is causing the confusion. If you leave it out and just then knit 2 inches and increase 1 stitch each end of needle and then knit 2 more inches and increase 1 stitch each end of needle and then knit straight to 11 inches or desired length you should be okay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom