Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is called Easy Lace Pattern from Polar Knit, www.polarknit.com Sorry I don't have the link.

First of all, it starts withe 2 rows of Purl. Do you think that's right?
Then it says to K2, *yo, slip 1, K1, pssso. Then repeat

When you yo and then slip1 do you keep the yarn in front, then go around the needle from behind and knit the next stitch? I've tried it different ways and this is the only way that seems to work. I looked it up on You Tube but they didn't show one with a slipped stitched following. Please Help. Sue

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks EIKnitter. Very fast response, which is exactly what I need. Thank you. What about the 2 Purl rows? If these are both supposed to be Purl, then there isn't a knit row at all in the pattern, as row 4 is also Purl. Maybe that's the way Lace is supposed to be? Thanks again. Sue

·
Registered
781 Posts
Sounds like you have it right, the 2 Purl rows are right, when knitting a lacey pattern quite often there are 2 purl or 2 plain rows together. I think it looks a bit like Feather and Fan pattern

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jill2, thanks for the response. Yes it is K2. I know you have the yarn in back then, but when you make the yo, the yarn is in front. and I was wondering, that after the slip st, would I keep it in front to make the k1 with or go around the back of the needle to make the k1. Which I guess is basically the same as going from the front as it doesn't go on around the needle anyway. So I guess I'm doing it right. It just didn't work to cross over the slipped st. and try to knit the K1 with yarn in back. Thanks again,
Sue

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
9sueseiber said:
This is called Easy Lace Pattern from Polar Knit, www.polarknit.com Sorry I don't have the link.

First of all, it starts withe 2 rows of Purl. Do you think that's right?
Then it says to K2, *yo, slip 1, K1, pssso. Then repeat

When you yo and then slip1 do you keep the yarn in front, then go around the needle from behind and knit the next stitch? I've tried it different ways and this is the only way that seems to work. I looked it up on You Tube but they didn't show one with a slipped stitched following. Please Help. Sue
In the second line of your quoted directions, did you mean "psso" or does it really say "pssso?"

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
9sueseiber said:
Jill2, thanks for the response. Yes it is K2. I know you have the yarn in back then, but when you make the yo, the yarn is in front. and I was wondering, that after the slip st, would I keep it in front to make the k1 with or go around the back of the needle to make the k1. Which I guess is basically the same as going from the front as it doesn't go on around the needle anyway. So I guess I'm doing it right. It just didn't work to cross over the slipped st. and try to knit the K1 with yarn in back. Thanks again,
Sue
Yes, technically the yarn is in front, but wraps over the needle to the back after slipping the stitch and knitting the next stitch.
It seems a little strange that the yo goes over the slipped stitch, but pass that slipped stitch over the k1 and all will fall into place.
The yo will replace the stitch that was passed over the knit stitch.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Peggy Berl, No, it says psso. It actually says Pass slipped stitch over. That was just a typo on my part. Sorry. Thanks for the response though. I could have had it wrong. I'm good at that. lol
Sue

·
Registered
52,684 Posts
Jill2 said:
It seems a little strange that the yo goes over the slipped stitch, but pass that slipped stitch over the k1 and all will fall into place.
The yo will replace the stitch that was passed over the knit stitch.
Very common in my leg of the woods to do it this way. The only thing is to make sure it is the slipped stitch that is passed over and not the yo which can sometimes look like it wants to go instead.

·
Registered
15,145 Posts
May I ask what you are making? How many stitches are you casting on?

K2, *yo, slip 1, K1, pssso.

Knit 2, yarn over (wrap the yarn under and over the needle), slip 1, knit 1 and psso (pass the slipped stitch over the knitted stitch.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Judy M. I was making a scarf that was supposed to be an "Easy" Lace scarf. I quit on it, as I didn't have the right kind of yarn anyway, so thought maybe that was why I was having all the trouble. But I made another scarf that was just about the same thing, only had a prettier pattern. Didn't have the right yarn for it either but still turned out pretty well. It's called the "Chunky Mochi Fan Stitch Scarf. I used two strands of #3 weight Baby Yarn, instead of the Chunky Mochi yarn. I was making matching hats and scarves for my GD and GGD(3yrs. old) and I already had the hats done so I couldn't change yarns. Looks nice though. I will post pictures as soon as I can. Thanks, Sue

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom