Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on the back of a child's sweater. I am at the Shape shoulders and back neck. There are 57 sts. on my needle.

The pattern reads:
Next row (RS): Cast off 6 sts, K until there are 11 sts on right needle and turn, leaving rem sts on holder. (THIS IS THE PART I DON'T UNDERSTAND since I would be on a purl row)

Work each side of neck separately.
Cast off 4 sts at beg on next row.
Cast off rem 7 sts. (this is equal to the 11 sts)

The section that I don't understand is on Page 2.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Cast off 6sts - armhole edge
K10 (10 + 1 from cast off) = 11sts then turn, put other stitches on a holder.
Now work on 11 sts as follows:
Cast off 4sts - neck edge and P to end of row
Cast of remaining 7sts.
One shoulder completed.
Then with RS facing slip 23sts onto a holder - for neck pick up.
Now rejoin yarn to remaining 17sts, knit to end of row.
Now complete other shoulder.
Cast off 6, purl to end - armhole edge
Cast off 4, knit to end - neck edge
Cast off 7. Finished.
Make sense?

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dorfor,

Thank you for the clarification on this pattern. I did it according to your directions an it worked out perfect. Another set of eyes certainly helped. Again, thank you.

Sally

Ps-now on to the front. I have never done this type of pattern with multiple colors before--wish me luck as I think I will need it!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Glad you got the help you needed. There are some many talented knitters who are willing to go out of their way to help the novices and even the old-timers who need help. We are all lucky to belong to KP.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
SallyJ said:
Dorfor,

Thank you for the clarification on this pattern. I did it according to your directions an it worked out perfect. Another set of eyes certainly helped. Again, thank you.

Sally

Ps-now on to the front. I have never done this type of pattern with multiple colors before--wish me luck as I think I will need it!
Bet you won't need it - just work at it slowly.
Doreen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom