Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working on a knitting pattern that is called cable wrap by designs by Emma. Any way you are supposed to do the seed stitch for thirty Rows and then u start the cable stitches. So for the begging of seed stitch you cast on 78 stitches and you work it for 30 rows. Then you do the first cable row with k6,p8,c6f,p8x2,k6. 62 stitches . Ok so where did the 16 stitches go?!?

·
Registered
12,049 Posts
Hm. That's... really odd, is there a way to actually see the pattern, or picture maybe at least?

·
Registered
21,436 Posts
There is text, and a chart, yes?? The pattern may state somewhere that border stitches are not included in the chart. Look for separate instructions within the pattern.

Also, in looking at the picture, the designer apparently did not account for the cables taking up more stitches as the pictures look 'ruffled' along the cast on edge, and should not be. You cannot count on that blocking out after you finish, especially if you use acrylic. Normally, there is an increase row after the border.

I'm definitely not suggesting that you add anything to the pattern if this is your first time with cables. Here is a link that will explain some things about cables (for your info).
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/knitting-cables.html

p.s. I don't like the title "dummies', but they do have good information.

·
Super Moderator
Name on Ravelry: JessicaJean, no hyphen, no space.
87,345 Posts
jmcret05 said:
... looking at the picture, the designer apparently did not account for the cables taking up more stitches as the pictures look 'ruffled' along the cast on edge, and should not be. You cannot count on that blocking out after you finish, especially if you use acrylic. Normally, there is an increase row after the border. ...
I agree. Were I to knit it, I'd add a few stitches at the placement of each cable ... And write myself a note to decrease them at the end!

·
Registered
20,400 Posts
jmcret05 said:
There is text, and a chart, yes?? The pattern may state somewhere that border stitches are not included in the chart. Look for separate instructions within the pattern.

Also, in looking at the picture, the designer apparently did not account for the cables taking up more stitches as the pictures look 'ruffled' along the cast on edge, and should not be. You cannot count on that blocking out after you finish, especially if you use acrylic. Normally, there is an increase row after the border.

I'm definitely not suggesting that you add anything to the pattern if this is your first time with cables. Here is a link that will explain some things about cables (for your info).
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/knitting-cables.html

p.s. I don't like the title "dummies', but they do have good information.
Thanks for the link!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom