Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this pattern has mistakes but just to make sure I am not over looking. I am on the shape armholes section. Like it says to cast off or bind off 2 stitches for the next 2 rows. If you do this you will not make the other armhole. It doesn't say do the next. Plus the math doesn't add up least I don't think. I have enclosed 2 pics to help out.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Seems okay to me. You have 77 stitches. Bind off 2 stitches (right side row), leaving 75 stitches. Bind off 2 more stitches at the beginning of the next row (wrong side row), now you have 73 stitches.

On the next right side row, decrease 1 stitch at the beginning and end of that row (2 stitches decreased). Work one row even. Repeat these two rows till there are 35 stitches on the needle.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kponsw said:
Seems okay to me. You have 77 stitches. Bind off 2 stitches (right side row), leaving 75 stitches. Bind off 2 more stitches at the beginning of the next row (wrong side row), now you have 73 stitches.

On the next right side row, decrease 1 stitch at the beginning and end of that row (2 stitches decreased). Work one row even. Repeat these two rows till there are 35 stitches on the needle.
I see now this all makes sense to me now. I have been knitting for about 10 years and still can't help from needing help. This knitting instructions still gets to me. You have to read between the lines.

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Billyjf said:
I see now this all makes sense to me now. I have been knitting for about 10 years and still can't help from needing help. This knitting instructions still gets to me. You have to read between the lines.
It can be confusing. Thanks to the internet, there are places to get help quickly. :sm24:

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Billyjf said:
No worries. Help is always available here.

·
Registered
23,222 Posts
Billyjf said:
I think this pattern has mistakes but just to make sure I am not over looking. I am on the shape armholes section. Like it says to cast off or bind off 2 stitches for the next 2 rows. If you do this you will not make the other armhole. It doesn't say do the next. Plus the math doesn't add up least I don't think. I have enclosed 2 pics to help out.
Assuming this is knit flat...if you decrease in next 2 rows...how will have a decrease in each side of the body...one for each armhole.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom