Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first time doing a provisional cast on. Now in the main I've picked the stitches up well but here are two that are are definitely wrong and then there is also the dropped stitch that I need to fix. Any suggestions please?

Attachments

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
I think in the first photo you have picked up the loop below, with the yarn you should have picked over the top of the needle. Slip those two end stitches to another needle, put the diagonal bit of yarn to the back of that second stitch and pull it through to the front (with a crochet hook if that is easier) to correct the stitch.

I'm not sure if you have a K2tog or an extra wrap of yarn - photo is a bit blurry. It looks as if you are close to the start of the yarn to be able to fix and ease out the slack.

The dropped stitch has its yarn behind it, mark it and pull it through correctly on your way across.

Good luck - it is all fixable without drama!

·
Registered
15,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hilary4 said:
I think in the first photo you have picked up the loop below, with the yarn you should have picked over the top of the needle. Slip those two end stitches to another needle, put the diagonal bit of yarn to the back of that second stitch and pull it through to the front (with a crochet hook if that is easier) to correct the stitch.

I'm not sure if you have a K2tog or an extra wrap of yarn - photo is a bit blurry. It looks as if you are close to the start of the yarn to be able to fix and ease out the slack.

The dropped stitch has its yarn behind it, mark it and pull it through correctly on your way across.

Thanks, that's the first one fixed. Such clear instructions. Now to try and sort out number two :sm24:

·
Registered
15,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the second I have done a 'fudge' fix which is fine :sm02:

And now I look closely I have discovered that I have several dropped stitches, but they are going to be fixed tomorrow evening... it's bed time! And first day back at school after the summer break :sm08:

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Hilary4 said:

:sm24: :sm24:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom