Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knit three beanies for my soon to be great-grandson. I would like to put pompoms on them.
How do you make them? I feel stupid not to be able to figure it out.
Do you have to take into account the size of the beanie? They are new born size.

·
Registered
31,227 Posts
When I found the Clover pom pom maker (https://www.amazon.com/Clover-3126-Pom-Pom-Maker-Large/dp/B000WV1XGC) I lost my discomfort in making them. They come in a few sizes, although I make the ones that are about 1 1/2" most of the time. After I brought mine in to the senior center to make a pom pom for my friend, everybody in the group went to Michaels or Walmart and got one of their own.
dingo said:
I knit three beanies for my soon to be great-grandson. I would like to put pompoms on them.
How do you make them? I feel stupid not to be able to figure it out.
Do you have to take into account the size of the beanie? They are new born size.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Does anyone remember making pom- poms with the card( probably only in uk) tops of milk bottles. They were circles of card with 5he perfect sized holes that you pressed out to pour the milk ! I remember thinking, when they changed to foil tops, "How am I going to be able to make pom-poms now"? Oh dear, I feel ancient now! I've got plastic pom-pom makers now in all sizes because I never seemed to cut card the right size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom